which GPU is best for AC?

I know mine is far from the best, but I've got a core 2 duo E8600 and the game runs beautifully! 90+ FPS.

Although I dont know how it will go with a full grid of AI/MP.

latest amd card is fastest
but nvidea gtx is better quality build with metal instead of plastic

getting a 100-120 fps framerate now on my AMD 6850 with 5gb hypermemory (2gb version)
so if the finalized AC with MP and AI stays above 60 fps ,im ok and wont upgrade the gpu earlier as planned.

nvidea came up with a new product yesterday that has to be build in to the monitor as a diy kit

a GPU we buy today is old news next year

so it would be nice if they developped the gpu in such a way we could upgrade it next year,instead of buying a new one every 1 or 2 years

latest amd card is fastest
but nvidea gtx is better quality build with metal instead of plastic

I am sorry,i just cant take it anymore....I watched the discution because its interesting,all good but please spell the nVidia word properly...In every posts of yours i see you call it "nvidea"...Dont get upset on me,i make mistakes too,english is not my native language as i belive for many others too...;)

I am sorry,i just cant take it anymore....I watched the discution because its interesting,all good but please spell the nVidia word properly...In every posts of yours i see you call it "nvidea"...Dont get upset on me,i make mistakes too,english is not my native language as i belive for many others too...;)
come on dude ,,dont waiste my time,,you know exactly whats meant
i will call it nvidea from now on especially for you mate

go get a life or go racing

Not true, both Xbone and PS4 use AMD. Nvidia has been completely locked out of the console market.

However, we have yet to see if there is any benefit to Mantle at all on the PC (I have heard all of the hype). I'm pretty sure it won't affect AC as well. Team green has their own set of development tools very widely used in the PC side as well. So it really simply comes down to the title, and what the developer choose to use.

I for one, could care less about console ports. AC was developed for the PC, and only the PC..

As of right now, the 290X and the GTX780Ti are equal performers. However nvidia does it at with lower thermals, power consumption, and sound profile despite a higher cost. I have no ill feelings towards AMD. Competition is great and benefits the consumer, and to be fair, they are the ones keeping nVidia honest and their pricing reasonable.

I have experience running both AMD eyefinity, and nVidia surround with AC in triple screen. They both performed excellent. My preference goes to nVidia though. I think their surround setup is better, and the build quality of the card and reference cooling system is superior to AMD. for me It was worth the $100 more, and I have confidence the chance of failure is much lower.

did you ever click the link i provided ? or did you just wanted to look smart by giving the specs of a new console thats just released ,and doesnt even has a proper line up.

Sometime its funny to twist words....but not always.
come on dude ,,dont waiste my time,,you know exactly whats meant
i will call it nvidea from now on especially for you mate

go get a life or go racing

Are you upset on me because your mistake..or are you so proud that you cant accept it.....I was corrected a few times myself and i didnt got upset....And this "go get a life" clishe is overused....You could of said you did that on purpose no problem....Why the hostility?

Nvidea just put out new drivers with a custom profile for AC.....Crossfire on AMD doesn't work well at all...I will be getting rid of my AMD cards ASAP and going with Nvidea.

Edit: I actually get less fps with crossfire on....not sure what is up with that but very frustrating.

Crossfire works just fine with AC if you set the crossfire profile to "Optimize 1x1" .
Like so:

EVwWrY7.png

Works great with my xfire 7970's :)

Also, no screen tearing here with vsync off for some reason.

Sometime its funny to twist words....but not always.

Are you upset on me because your mistake..or are you so proud that you cant accept it.....I was corrected a few times myself and i didnt got upset....And this "go get a life" clishe is overused....You could of said you did that on purpose no problem....Why the hostility?
nope ,this is about racing sims in this forum
dont like to go sidetracks ,,thats all

I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this so gonna drop in here. I have an iMac 2011 core i5 running at 3.1ghz. The GPU is a 6970m (mobility) with 1gb vram.

Would an upgrade to the same iMac with a 2gb 6970m be of benefit in AC. I don't have the funds to replace the iMac with a 780 model so this minor upgrade for minor outlay (say €50 odd) is my only current option. Cheers guys.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back