Which Fanatec DD are you buying and why?

I couldn’t see this type of post anywhere and as I’m undecided on a DD1 or the PS4 version for extra compatibility right now thought I’d put this up, forgive me if it’s already been done.

I went with the DD1 PS4 for the compatibility.
I have no flex in my QR system.
I'm using low torque mode at 50%, it's enough for me.

Compare to my simplicity SW10+ the ffb is more filtered so you feel more like having tyres and springs.

None of the reviews I seen covered a specific factor. Does the PS4 wheelbase enable a user using console to use USB based pedals, or are Fanatec pedals necessary? Its a major drawback for PC/Console owners as they are not going to be swapping over pedals all the time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
None of the reviews I seen covered a specific factor. Does the PS4 wheelbase enable a user using console to use USB based pedals, or are Fanatec pedals necessary? Its a major drawback for PC/Console owners as they are not going to be swapping over pedals all the time.
I don't know. I'm using fanatec pedals connected to the DD1 base.

Upvote 0
@GP20 I am thinking of buying the same as the price difference to the SC2 which most people seem to agree is better is quite large when you add a formula V2 type wheel. Did you get a chance to try other DD wheel bases for comparison? Which pedals do you use?
No but i just bought the SC2 sport in order to compare.
I'm using fanatec csl pedals with load cell but i don't use the load cell. I don't like it.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 855537

I have the G920 and just upgraded to V3 pedals and the next upgrade will be the DD1 as it has way more than enough torque that i will ever need.

Upvote 0
Well, I bit the bullet and got the DD2. I've bought my CSW 2.5 only this year, but the prices of the sets have gone up so I more or less got back from it what I paid. That made the DD2 roughly a 1000e upgrade. Installation was a breeze, just bolt it on, plug it in and it was ready to go with the existing drivers on my system - it did want firmware updates.

Was it worth it? For me personally yes. I run the wheel force at 50, and AC gain 50-60 - this is more than enough for me. I don't have to push this wheel to the limits like with the CSW. The more difficult thing to explain is how much better the information comes through. There is always headroom for the wheel to give out any info it gets. Overall the driving feeling is just more solid.

Upvote 0
I was so hyped for a DD1 at some point. But now I am thinking a SC2 Sport makes the most sense. I can drop all my Fanatec gear on the market and get an SRC wheel or something. I am not interested in silly power, just something with more fidelity than my CSL PS4 and long time into the future proof.

Upvote 0
It wasn't that big a deal to accommodate two power supplies.

wiring_4610.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After much tooing and froing on the subject, I decided to go with the DD1. Already owning Fanatec wheels, the fundemental design of the system, the performance, price, plug and play, warranty, dealing with Fanatec direct and the ability to add custom wheels with the Podium Hub all played a part. Even when I looked at significantly cheaper solutions such as sim-pli.city they are complicated systems (one man band and locked in!!!) and I still need to buy adaptors, quick releases and either dive straight into the custom wheel world ($$$$) or buy converters ($$) so the cost ends up being either not much cheaper with long wait times or really quite expensive.

Upvote 0
Well, I bit the bullet and got the DD2. I've bought my CSW 2.5 only this year, but the prices of the sets have gone up so I more or less got back from it what I paid. That made the DD2 roughly a 1000e upgrade. Installation was a breeze, just bolt it on, plug it in and it was ready to go with the existing drivers on my system - it did want firmware updates.

Was it worth it? For me personally yes. I run the wheel force at 50, and AC gain 50-60 - this is more than enough for me. I don't have to push this wheel to the limits like with the CSW. The more difficult thing to explain is how much better the information comes through. There is always headroom for the wheel to give out any info it gets. Overall the driving feeling is just more solid.
This is exactly the way I feel about my DD2, the feeling of the car and its handling is outstanding.
I had the V2 before and it's like night/ day.

Upvote 0
I have also taken the plunge and went for the DD2. I was on the fence for a long time and couldn't decide between the SC 2 Pro and the DD2. In the end it was the eco system, the range of wheels and the recent software upgrade that swung it. Only had it a couple of days but, so far I have not been disappointed. Coming from a TM T300, the upgrade has been HUGE. Looks pretty good on the rig too!

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea