When will there be an Assetto Corsa 2?

• Deleted member 197115

Any clue? When do you people think an AC 2 is going to happen?
ACC had AC2 code name, still listed under that folder in Users/Documents.
As far as kitchen sink mix of different cars and tracks, I am pretty sure these days are over for Kunos as they focus on more limited but higher quality content.

Yes, you are right. CS and Sol made AC graphics much better. Almost a new game, graphically. I have them installed.

But I wanted more. I bought AMS2 and wow! Graphics are just amazing. I play it for some hours, then go back to my Formula cars on Assetto and I can notice the impact. Not the same thing. AC graphics look inferior and outdated. At least, that's my perception.

We all want the best for our favorite game, right? AC is my favorite, and I wanted to see it on Unreal 5. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
A higher quality would reduce the accessibility and community feel. It runs so smoothly for me on full setting with csp and sol. Any other sim looks terrible in comparison because i've to turn the graphics settings way down to get the smoothness i'm used to from ac.

I think at this point AC1 is still running so strong and selling so well, it wouldn't make much sense to try shift the community to a new title. Much rather Kunos will tolerate the AC1 modding and go for ACC style sole series titles in the nearer future.

I don't think it's time yet for Assetto Corsa 2. The game doesn't look outdated nor ugly like rFactor 2, for instance, especially now with all the improvements achived by the community. I think it can still hold for another couple of years. Also, as you say, the advantage of it being a bit old and not very hardware demanding means that we can use VR, tripple screens, and even max out the graphic options, and make it look even better while keeping high fps as we go on updating our CPUs or graphic cards.

However, I would like to know about the future plans the developer has as regard this title. I really hope they don't consider ACC the evolution of AC, and forsake our game without any continuation. ACC is what it is: GT3 and online races. AC is much much more than that. It's way more ambitious, with lots of different cars, tracks and ways to enjoy.

I just completed a 15 lap, 40 minute, race around Spa in VR with the latest CS and Sol with fully maxed out graphics and x10 time progression. It was almost off putting-ly beautiful. With the light changing different parts of the track became easier and harder to hit your apexes as you drove into low sun or out of the sun. All with a very, or at least comparatively, light VR load.

AMS2 looks great too but will there ever be the ability to mod to the level AC allows? I’d love a new AC but don’t see a great need for it yet. If they can ever optimise the ACC engine to be less hungry for resources in VR I’d be tempted but AC still provides so much I don’t feel like I’m missing much.

@Andrew_WOT is that AC with Sol or ACC...or some other? It‘s stunning.
If it’s Sol and AC I need to improve my driving and get out in the rain.....breath on the window...OMG.

It seems Kunos reacted to a message here. Maybe he is following the thread.

So, Kunos, please let us know: any plans for an AC 2 before 2030? I believe it would shake the simracing world and leave the competition in the dust! :thumbsup:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 455 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 299 45.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 175 26.9%
Back