When will there be an Assetto Corsa 2?

I think releasing ac2 at this point would not be even a good move. Not only is the company busy with acc but ac is still going very strongly. Maybe acc is even picking up speed now. I'd imagine ac2 coming out in the next 6 years but not in the next 2 or 3 years. Of course there is the whole question does kunos even want to make an ac2. It must have been an excellent game from sales point of view but it is also the kind of game bigger studios don't generally make.

I get the feeling ac relied a lot on individual devs having the possibility to contribute which gave us the incredible car documentation and tools (and left some areas a lot less explored). Things gone done based on personal interests and not just for the same common goal. Something which would have never happened under a separate owner who don't see a money income in that thing in that quarter. Where everything is single focus.

Ac also did a lot of things right and not all of them intentionally. Sometimes even the sheer simplicity of the game is a massive benefit. Had ac gone with focus on complexity and locked down mentality like rf2 I think the game would have died down more. Even if it might have sold almost equally well but in the long run it would not have had that potential it did. I think the move to ue4/5 would already add that kind of limitations which could make a lot of ac specific stuff impossible and would make it worse ac kind of game. In the end I think it is a question about what kind of game could they make instead of ac2? What single series to focus on? Another gt3 game with accc? Gte or lemans accc? Touring cars?

As far as I am concerned (and others have pointed out), I am already playing Assetto Corsa 2 when I fire up Content Manager and the rest of it. ACC physics are impressive but it's basically a single series simulation, and I don't think AC is too bad in comparison given the breadth and width of selection. Do I want to possibly give that up in exchange for a complete overhaul of the game engine, I don't know. Whatever Kunos come up with next will be exciting to see, yet I don't see it replacing AC. I think a more focused simulation, as with ACC, was a good move.

Stefano left Kunos Simulazioni however many months ago and is working on his own new project:
Code:
https://www.twitch.tv/kunosstefano

You know, I love watching Stefano build that retirement simulator on youtube, but I always thought to myself "how does he find the time?"

I just now learned he left Kunos...

I can think of only one really good reason for an AC2 to be developed (other than improving existing elements) and that's air.
It's my impression and I could be wrong, but I don't think any game has sim grade air physics. Downforce seems to be a numerical value and that's it really. I'd be extremely happy if downforce was as detailed as the rest of the physics.

I was trying to replicate the tail wind Into a corner problem and it just didn't work. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

If we ever get AC2, I hope it will have the realism with engine stalling and clutch. It is not very realistic right now, espcially with the drifting, The engine never goes out :D even if you hold the handbrake for long time without clutch.

Yes! I have to agree but only after figuring out the threading problem. I think this is the key to most negative comments about AC's understeer, which doesn't exist for me any more after all these years.
The best way to describe the feel is all the tire was not physically touching the road, which equals less traction, which causes an unexplained understeer.
I fixed it with optimizations in CM.

First we had AC
then we had ACC
logically the next game won't be AC2 but ACCC

Seriously, like many others in this thread, I'd be surprised if Kunos follow ACC with AC2.

But I do wonder what they will do next. Will it be an endless round of track packs and season updates for ACC, or having proved there is (still) a market for a single series game, what new series will they choose? With the BTCC looking for a licensed game and Codies initially saying they didn't think it was viable for them I did wonder if it might be BTCC. But now it seems more likely Codies have been persuaded to take it on. Having worked with Aris on the Power & Glory mod, I hold out a tiny hope it might be a historic racing series.

I'm sure many should be OK and really happy with a very good Historic Racing Series ... as there's a real demand for it.
I know many guys having preferences for this type of cars and simracing ... without all those new features for driving the modern cars.... and just using H-Shifter, clutch and heel & toe.

Why not a pure Group C1 and C2 series ?... that was a very pleasant and important time in motorsports and especially endurance.

The new @David Wright's mentioned and added .... C ;)

Yes! I have to agree but only after figuring out the threading problem. I think this is the key to most negative comments about AC's understeer, which doesn't exist for me any more after all these years.
The best way to describe the feel is all the tire was not physically touching the road, which equals less traction, which causes an unexplained understeer.
I fixed it with optimizations in CM.

Hi, what exact settings did you optimize?

I'm sure many should be OK and really happy with a very good Historic Racing Series ... as there's a real demand for it.
Yes and no. "Historic" is such a broad term that it literally spans everything ever raced across several decades. I think the interest that is there is even more fragmented than interest in modern series.

Me personally, I'd prefer something settled in the 1960's rather thatn 1980's. Maybe a continuation of GT Legends, or a Can AM sim. Something like that with modern physics and FFB and shiny graphics would be worth some money to me.

Not the same thing. AC graphics look inferior and outdated. At least, that's my perception.

I would suggest that you might need to work on those graphic settings, as yes the SMS graphic engine looks good, often over the top, but good, in a flashy kind of way.
But AC, with all the toppings can look also very good and often as good as it gets. AC, with the ad-ons, looks, to me, as next gen as anything out there.

As far as I am concerned (and others have pointed out), I am already playing Assetto Corsa 2

I also feel like I am playing AC 3.0, and some of the ongoing development will bring it higher even and pretty quickly.
AC Unleashed is the ultimate sand box and until their is a major advancement in SIM racing engines, which neither SMS or UE4 are, AC is as actual as they get and will probably stay a top choice for a few years still.
We already have more than AC2 and except for a few donations, it did not cost anything.
If you know where to look there is new content, of the highest quality level, available to download almost every day.
Kunos meanwhile reinvented them-self and are offering us a new kind of SIM experience, full series, realistic to the last skin details, with ultra accurate cars and tracks.
So far we have GT3's and GT4's, let's hope they expand in the future and bring us all our next favourite series in glorious realism for ultimate immersion.
meanwhile, long life to the king of SIM!

• Deleted member 197115

If AC2 or AC3 or whatever it’s called (is ACC “AC2”?) is based on UE4 then it would be an automatic pass from me.

I own ACC and I’m not a fan of it, mostly for its horrible AA, mediocre performance and obvious console UI design.
Best looking sim at the moment, flat screen or VR. Just needs some custom graphics tuning, VR in particular, things Kunos could have provided out of the box.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%