When will there be an Assetto Corsa 2?

I mean "fully moddable" in ALL aspects : If you want to drive a lunar rover on mars then you can create a rover car and a marsian track, or build a F1/dtm mod with all the championship tracks in AC/rf1-2/GTL/GTR2/AMS1...but certainly not in PC1-2-3/AMS2/ACC AFAIK and the engineer I am (the real game for me is to put my fingers in grease, play a game as it was built without modification is so boring for me, in general I shift after a week or 2 and never run it anymore) just cannot stand/approve these limitations in new sims, that's my point of view... But not only me apparently when I see the better sales of AC1 on Steam :)

A formula cars focused sim made on an ultimate graphic engine would be great, I think. Instant buy to me.

Simple thing. Just 4 cars (F4 to F1). Excelent multiplayer. Car skin editor. No offline mode, no GTR.

Maybe an independent dev has the same idea someday.

Stefano left Kunos Simulazioni however many months ago and is working on his own new project:
Code:
https://www.twitch.tv/kunosstefano

I see. Well, I wish him success on his new project.

If you havent been following all the great mods done for Assetto Corsa, we almost have Assetto Corsa 2 now.
There are a couple features I wish could be implemented, which are Rolling starts and maybe formation laps
like AMS2

If they did go to a newer Assetto Corsa 2 type game, that would probably be the end of 3rd party modding of tracks
and cars.

i will stick with Assetto Corsa 1.

I dream of an open-source community-led project for a new modable sim with updated graphics and physics engine
this is basically what AC has become. Don't think there's anything that can't be changed or replaced in the code today.

I'd also differentiate between "modable" and "open for 3rd party content".

Modding to me means changing, well modifying, the stock content of the game, like RBR needs it done (if I'm up to date still).
AC has from the start simply been open for 3rd party content, with a simple copy & paste(!) of folders you could add cars, tracks, weather and even new shaders... I don't know another game where it's that easy (not even the old MS Flight Sim was, you needed to activate/integrate new scenery)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 140 85.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 35.6%