F1 2012 What's your most frustrating moment in the game?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I just had a 50% race at Catalunya, using no assists except auto gears against professional AI.
All went well at first, qualified 1st and stayed in the lead for the start of the race. Then on lap 12 I pitted to change to prime tyres. Overdone my outlap at Turn 12, I lost control of the car and crashed right into the foam board, using Cromiell's realistic damage mod so I lost my front wing and punctured my front left. Pitted once more and came out in 12th place. So then I slowly made my way up until I got to 5th at lap 31. The next lap, my sister started talking to me and distracted me, I forgot to lift off the accelerator at Turn 9 and my rear left clipped into the gravel trap, causing me to spin out into the barrier, ending my race. I crashed on lap 32/33, man am I frustrated.

The ma-hoosive jump in difficulty from each level to the next. 4 seconds a lap between Amatueur-Pro and 6 seconds between Pro-Legend! WTF?!

I'm stuck right smack bang in the middle between difficulties, so it's either too easy and im winning races @ 2 seconds a lap quicker than AI in the Force India or 4 seconds off the pace and last in every session! :mad:

Give us a Race 07 style slider!

It's frustrating every time it stop raining in a race.
The AI Changes to option tyres while tarmac still wet and drives like demons, but when I change tyres, even to prime it's so wet that I skid all over the Place.
Really hate wet weather AI driving and Codemaster for deciding to not patch game more than to totaly "game unplayable bugs"

My own personal issue is apart from my inability to keep up in wet conditions is qualifying in Australia. Almost without fail as I go to start my flying lap a car is coming out of the pits. As I enter turn 1 I have no where on track to go and the lap is ruined before it begins. It doesn't help that I'm a bit Maldonado-esque in that I refuse to yield when on a flying lap :p
that happens to me all the time and usually my team mate which no real f1 team would ever dream of doing, putting out a team mate to ruin a flying lap.

It's frustrating every time it stop raining in a race.
The AI Changes to option tyres while tarmac still wet and drives like demons, but when I change tyres, even to prime it's so wet that I skid all over the Place.
Really hate wet weather AI driving and Codemaster for deciding to not patch game more than to totaly "game unplayable bugs"
That happens to me all the time too. If you switch to dry tyres its so hard to stay in the track

The ma-hoosive jump in difficulty from each level to the next. 4 seconds a lap between Amatueur-Pro and 6 seconds between Pro-Legend! WTF?!

I'm stuck right smack bang in the middle between difficulties, so it's either too easy and im winning races @ 2 seconds a lap quicker than AI in the Force India or 4 seconds off the pace and last in every session! :mad:

Give us a Race 07 style slider!
Great shout, would be nice if the game could learn how fast you are on each circuit and change the AI accordingly, that would be real AI

Most frustrating thing, in 2012, qualifying in 9th in Australia in the torro rosso, my first race of this game, not really having a great race as am trying to get used to the differences from 2011 when on lap 14 the checkered lag appears on screen because Alonso had finished, even though I swear I changed it to a 100% race. It took me 4 goes to suss out how to set full race distance, you have to set to 100% but not restart career, only problem there is when you go back to the race, (because you already did qually,) your in Parc Ferme and so you get the default set up. When you come out of a session it autosaves, why cant it autosave my set up as well so when I go back I get the set up I qualified with.
One thing I'd like to see for online play is an option to share your set up. You see the players at the top of the leaderboard have used their own set up and it would be nice if, like Viktor Anderson who tops the leaderboard at some tracks and posts his set ups, if it could load up from the server instead, just a thought.

I downloaded the safety car mod and modded it myself. At Monte Carlo 12 cars crashed out around turn 1. No safety car, and because I was in front and catching BM I was on that final straight.... Crashed out because the safety car didn't come out!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back