F1 2012 What's your most frustrating moment in the game?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I just had a 50% race at Catalunya, using no assists except auto gears against professional AI.
All went well at first, qualified 1st and stayed in the lead for the start of the race. Then on lap 12 I pitted to change to prime tyres. Overdone my outlap at Turn 12, I lost control of the car and crashed right into the foam board, using Cromiell's realistic damage mod so I lost my front wing and punctured my front left. Pitted once more and came out in 12th place. So then I slowly made my way up until I got to 5th at lap 31. The next lap, my sister started talking to me and distracted me, I forgot to lift off the accelerator at Turn 9 and my rear left clipped into the gravel trap, causing me to spin out into the barrier, ending my race. I crashed on lap 32/33, man am I frustrated.

wait wait wait... wuuut. 4th with marussia hahaha.

my moment at Canada:
I modded my loose_part_setting file to 3.0
So race started..nothing special had my few close moments with the wall.
Some nice overtaking.
LAST LAP: 2nd place driving like hell to get Webber (he was going on fighterpilot style) i was gaining on him closer and closer last corner of the race i hitted my front wheel against the wall. Race over

134038682542.png

BTW: Difficulty Legend
TC:med
Brake assist: off
ABS: off
Gear: auto(cause with controller sucks to busy fightig with DRS and Kers)

Last race of season 2, driving for Ferrari. I only had to finish in the top 5 to win the world championship. Qualified in pole position after dominating all sessions. Looking good. Had a bad start and got mugged in the first corner but held out safely. During the race I swapped places with the leaders a few times and was second going into the last corner but one and tried for victory by trying to over take Hamilton. I clipped his back wheel causing him and me to spin out. End of another championship challenge. Hey ho, there is always next season as I am staying with Ferrari.

I only ever do career mode. I race with the realistic damage mod (Medium setting), cockpit only all the time, no aids except TC on low, Pro setting AI. No flashbacks, no driving line etc. If I crash I crash, that's life and that's how I like to play this game. I love it. It's just my opinion but I can't see the attraction of playing such a fine F1 simulation in any other way. Each to their own though.:)

Andy Jackson I love how you play, I do enjoy playing in the cockpit cam but I do find I'm just so much slower in that, just wish I knew racing/tracks well enough to play without the braking line. Just not up to that standard yet. Sounds like a tough way to end season 2 though!

Thanks. As for the tracks, well you soon learn them. As per real life (I do ride bikes on race tracks) you practice, pick apex points and markers for braking and turning. In real life we dont get ideal line graphics popping up and spoiling our view. ;):D As for how I play, thanks again. I think most serious F1 fans would or should play this way. It add's atmosphere and nerves. Knowing that any mistake I make might drop me down or worse take me out of the race or qualifying makes the game seem more real. If I crash out in qual, then so be it. Thats racing. :thumbsup:

Suzuka, wet race. Extremely intense and although I love this track, I suck in the wet in Japan.

Running 7th with Force India, lap 20 of 27 last stint of 50% race. I run quite heavily onto the kerb on the right, can't remember what corner but I think it was just after the exit of turn 6, didn't spin or anything, but the right front and front wing just smashed up as if I'd ran it straight into a firehydrant or something. The replay made no sense whatsoever, not even a bump on the kerb. Race over.

Annoying, but seems to be a one off.

When I am to L40 on online racing and (still after 12 patches), the freakin save game is still getting corrupted and boom its gone and I have to start all over again....sigh...makes me so sad :( and mad :mad:
Why is that ? Is it Steam ? Is it the game ? Very very annoying...all setups for tracks...gone...

When I am to L40 on online racing and (still after 12 patches), the freakin save game is still getting corrupted and boom its gone and I have to start all over again....sigh...makes me so sad :( and mad :mad:
Why is that ? Is it Steam ? Is it the game ? Very very annoying...all setups for tracks...gone...
Is steam cloud enabled? It if is, just disable it.
I don't have the save bug since the first patch, and i don't use steam cloud.

Well, I spent all afternoon to get the setups back for all tracks...so..back to racing :) ...and what ever I do, no Steam cloud ! Perhaps the Codies should knock on some doors at Steam with this issue, can imagine that many people are not happy with it....

Brasilian GP of the fourth year of my career was my most frustrating moment so far. I was driving for McLaren and had even points with Räikkönen before the race. We both had bad qualifyings due to wet conditions and started the race in 11th and 12th, with me being ahead.

In the start of the race Räikkönen was able to pass me. Later as I tried to overtake him we collided slightly and Räikkönen spun and I received a drive-through penalty for some reason, although it was a clear racing incident. I rejoined few seconds behind Räikkönen and was closing in on him and I was able to overtake him during the pitstops.

For the rest of the race I tried to hold him back, but in the very last lap he got past me with DRS and there was nothing I could have done. Later I tried to take back the place in turn 8, but didn't succeed. In the last corner I had better exit and was along side with Räikkönen in the finish straight, but wasn't able to pass him before the finish line and I lost to him with just 0,2 seconds and we ended the race in 9th and 10th with Räikkönen taking the championship with just one point ahead of me.

Although I am a big fan of Räikkönen, it was still very frustrating to lose the championship like that.

Racing in Italy, about to get a lotus 1-2, grojaian behind me, coming round the last corner when he nudges me into the pits, I finish 4th

Almost similar thing happen to me but it was a great thing, I was 2nd and AI was 1st at Silverstone last lap, I tried to overtake him but got nudged into the pits and ended up not only coming 1st but also getting the fastest lap!

At Silverstone the timing beam is reached faster if you turn into the pits.

League race:Bahrein
It was in the 13 lap when one of my league mate crashed and it called out the safety car.
I just went over the finishing line when it came out and it disqualified me when i was first with 5 second gap between me and of my league mate.We both got DSQ because illegal overtake.I could have won it and I lost 25 pts:cry:

Career in Germany, I lead all the laps until it's time to pit. I get in and the pitstop ends in 3.5 seconds. But I have to wait another 7 because AI had to get through. I exit and going to race director I see that I am 7th of the cars that pitted.

Another strange pitstop was in Monaco where I was in Sauber. It starts to rain on lap 2 and the AI and I come in. I pit and again I have to wait for the AI to get past me, but in that cars there are also the two Toro Rosso's also pit. Ricciardo (I think) goes for the pitstop and Vergne waits behind. The result? A 43-second wait and a last place.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%