What's the model year for this VW Beetle mod?

Hey all,

I've got a VW Beetle 1600s mod from Assetto Corsa Club, and I noticed that the year that was set for the car is 1967. Wasn't the Beetle 1600s only released in the early 70s? Or was there a special model equipped with a 1600cc engine in the 60s?

As you can see, I have something of an OCD with the car model years in Assetto Corsa lol, so any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge the "VW Bettle 1600 S" was only built in Brasil (and a seperate one in South Africa) for a few years from 1974 on. There were German variants of the 1200, 1300 S, 1302 S and 1303 S with 1600cc engines, but not before 1970.

This is very comprehensive if you speak German (or use Google Translate)

Thanks guys, I had already looked up some info online and I just wanted to be sure there wasn't any special 1600cc version released in the 60s. Design-wise, the model seems to really be based on a 1967 Beetle, so I guess the mod is supposed to be a tuned version of the car.

Thanks guys, I had already looked up some info online and I just wanted to be sure there wasn't any special 1600cc version released in the 60s. Design-wise, the model seems to really be based on a 1967 Beetle, so I guess the mod is supposed to be a tuned version of the car.
How is that mod?
I've always wanted a good VW Beetle or SAAB car mod, since those are the two marque I've owned.
I had a 73 Semi-auto, a 74 Super Beetle and another very highly-modified 73 Beetle.
Fun cars to drive but you hardly ever see any on the roads today.

Last edited:
How is that mod?
I've always wanted a good VW Beetle or SAAB car mod, since those are the two marque I've owned.
I had a 73 Semi-auto, a 74 Super Beetle and another very highly-modified 73 Beetle.
Fun cars to drive but you hardly ever see any on the roads today.
It's great, probably the best Beetle mod out there. The mod also comes with a drift version of the Beetle, other than the original 1967 one. Just keep in mind that the 1600cc engine is not accurate to the 1967 model, it actually is closer to the Super Beetle.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.