What Would You Consider to be the Perfect Simulation?

My perfect sim would be......
Raceroom sounds
Raceroom content/licenses
Raceroom FFB using rfactor 2 advanced engine and physics/tire model
Project cars graphic and weather engine used by Sector 3 track artists
iracing multi player system
Career mode, custom championships and leaderboards
AC onscreen adjustable hud
No mods except for skins

Do you run both at highest graphic settings? I do and to me iRacing is OK but AC is much better.

Yes I do. To me Iracing's tracks and cars seem more detailed, more alive. Just more real. Don't know how they do it. The lighting seems more realistic too. In my opinion of course.

Perfect sim for me:

Graphics: *GASP* Project Cars lightning reflection shaders and advanced day to night transition and their dynamic weather system + iRacing track details (don't get me wrong AC, your tracks look great but iRacing is miles and miles away ahead of you) + AC color shaders

Physics: iRacing body transfer physics (probably one of the finest in the business, iRacing strong suit), rFactor 2 general potential for car physics, most specially the tyre modelling physics (DON'T START WITH THE DISCUSSION) and rfPro FFB sliders (if that isn't available, go with AMS instead).

Sounds: Either iRacing's or RaceRoom. They're on equal level today.

Features: iRacing Multiplayer "Career" System, iRacing netcode, AC adjustable hud, rFactor 2/any ISI-engined game in game replay settings (iRacing needs a tv plugin for this), a single player Career system (I think NASCAR 06, MotoGP and if you wanted to, Project Cars believe it or not, had the best ones).

I'm at work, I'll try to think more and add it here when I get home.

I would like almost real pit to car radio messages about the state of the car. Brakes getting too hot, following another car too closely lap after lap with the engine overheating and the team advising to get some cool air on the straights etc. Updates on other cars perceived strategy based on when they pit, going off in the gravel trap and getting stuck team advise to stay in car as grabber vehicle coming to toe you out, and it actually does. Debris from other cars having a ding dong can affect other cars and cause punctures or radiator damage. Marshalls running out on to track under waived yellows or SC to clear the debris after.

Slightly related to the topic, still waiting for a new rally game that can handle stages of 30k and longer, with tyre options, tyre wear, dynamic roads and weather, mechanical failures, and everything else belonging to a real rally event.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back