What is the best championship format? ...we are planning a karting series

Benutzername

www.hasenkamp-motorsport.de
Premium
What do i mean with that?
Thinks like extra weight, BOP if you will. Is that good or not? Reverse starting grids in a second race?
Something totally different?

Please tell me what is your favourite or if you know clever alternatives.

I am asking because we organise a local karting series for young adults and teenagers. We are speaking of rental karting and an opportunity to just get an inexpensive entry in the world of racing.
Therefore there always have been newbies and young kids participating, which is really cool to see. Especially if they stick around and you see the progress they make.

But there are also drivers who have been driving for years and are really good.

In the past we had every driver on 75 kg to make it equal.
Next season we'll extend the age restriction, at the moment the max. age is 18. That means that we don't lose good drivers and have a fuller field.

It also means that the gaps between the drivers will increase. Therefore we need a new championship format.​

Now i need your help: What do you think would be a good solution for this? I've alwys been a fan on equal karts, just let them drive, but the main organisator does not want that anymore. He thinks of giving a race winner extra weight for the next race, same for the 2nd and 3rd place.

Are there better solutions? Give weights out after years in karting for example?

Thank you very much! :)

--

If there is a forum section better suited for this topic, please feel move the thread around :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back