What is steer ratio 13-1 ??

I have a question about the steer ratio. So whats that mean if the car default steer ratio setting is 13-1 ??

Thanks for the concern & good day.

Here we go:

13:1 means that you have to turn 13deg for the wheels of the car to turn 1deg. The higher the first number, the slower the steering is.

For example:

GT cars: About 11.5:1 to 15:1
Open Wheelers: 8:1 to 15:1 (Varies a lot depending on the type of Formula)

Furthermore:

MX-5: 900deg of rotation on your wheel + 15:1 ratio = 60deg steering lock (total amount of lock, 30deg on each side)

GT car: 540deg of rotation + 15:1 ratio = 36deg steering lock (18deg on each side)

rFactor for example takes only one side for steering lock. In netKar PRO, you don't adjust the steering lock directly, you do so by adjusting the steering ratio AND the degrees of rotation.

Anyway, it really is more simple than it seems,

I think i understand what it mean now but i dont get why we need a setting like this. I mean why not just 1-1 so how much i turn my wheel is same with how much the wheel turn in game ?? Also what is open wheeler ??

Thanks again :)

Open Wheeler = F1, F3, Formula Ford, Formula Renault, etc...

It's NOT a gaming setting, it's a real life thing. It doesn't affect your wheel vs in-game wheel. It affects how fast the real car's steering is, how much you need to turn for the CAR'S wheels to turn 1 degree, not the in-game wheel.

Open Wheeler = F1, F3, Formula Ford, Formula Renault, etc...

It's NOT a gaming setting, it's a real life thing. It doesn't affect your wheel vs in-game wheel. It affects how fast the real car's steering is, how much you need to turn for the CAR'S wheels to turn 1 degree, not the in-game wheel.

Yeah i use the wrong word, i know its my wheel vs car's wheel, i just dont get why not just 1-1.
Also how to know the rotation degree of all the car in this game ??

in nKP if you set 900deg of rotation (in logitech profiler and in nKP settings) you dont need to change the steering ratio in cars cause thats very close how they are in real life. Only if you think the wheel is too much or too less sensitive just adjust the steering ratio to your needs.

I think i understand what it mean now but i dont get why we need a setting like this. I mean why not just 1-1 so how much i turn my wheel is same with how much the wheel turn in game ?? Also what is open wheeler ??

Thanks again :)
Um. Just imagine what you're saying there. You turn your steering wheel 90 degrees, and your front wheels turn 90 degrees?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steering_ratio

Um. Just imagine what you're saying there. You turn your steering wheel 90 degrees, and your front wheels turn 90 degrees?

Yeah whats wrong with that ?? Too power steering ?? Too sensitive ?? To me its quite convenient cause i lazy to turn alot, at least thats how i play F1 2011, 45 degrees turn already quite enough even for a hairpin. May be this is not work in sim, i dont know :)

Yeah whats wrong with that ?? Too power steering ?? Too sensitive ?? To me its quite convenient cause i lazy to turn alot, at least thats how i play F1 2011, 45 degrees turn already quite enough even for a hairpin. May be this is not work in sim, i dont know :)
LOL. You don't see a problem with your front wheels turning 90 degrees to one side? That's pi/2 radians, if that paints a clearer picture.
Not that they can anyway, but just as an example of what 1:1 steering ratio would do.

I think there might be a language barrier here.

Yeah i no good in english but trust me i know what you guys saying and of cause i will not turn 90 degree if my steer ratio is 1-1.
You know i set my wheel rotation = 90 degree (so each side 45 degree) in logitech profile to play F1 2011 & Shift 2 so i only need to turn 10-20 degree for most of the corner and not more than 30 degree for hairpin, it work for me quite well.
I mean i never need to turn full left / right 45 degree to make a turn & i like that, i a lazy person so i wonder if i can do that in this nK-pro or not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back