What does the RACER community drive?

Just curious. I bought my 1st car last week, a 1996 Plymouth Neon coupe.

0625101743.jpg

0625101745.jpg

Attachments

• 0625101743.jpg
    0625101743.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 643
@2o6, I would like to see your yaris fully gobble up a door *and* close the trunk properly. :p
Even if you fold your rear seats down, and given how smushed the front of your car is, I am not sure if you have the length...

Now, this door was only 80"x36" (203.2 x 91.4 cm), but I was still quite pleased with Firebird when the door slid in! Had to snap a pic before leaving. :D

kowl1jxnrvrz3t4y748.jpg

I :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: you Firebird, I am going to miss you when you rust out. :cry:
You never fail to put a smile on my face. :inlove:

Well, I might drive a Mark II Supra.. Those seem nice from the outside. A Yaris is not a Mark II Supra, and idk about the interior layout of the mkII so I cannot say for sure if I would be happy with it.

The engine sound might be a problem though, I do not think I have ever heard a good sounding supra.. so that would require an engine swap and exhaust work, but idk how much room it has in the engine bay for such things.
Firebird on the other hand has LOTS of space under the hood and even though it currently does not sound very good, it sounds better than something Japanese.
(this only matters because I have to actually drive the car and I do not want to drive something annoying)

I forgot who, but someone on here has a Mk2, you should ask them lol. And you've never heard a good sounding Supra? Really? I guess it depends what you like, if you like the sound of a V8 you might not like a Supra's sound.

"Sounds better than something Japanese", you know the country of origin has no affect on the sound it makes, right? It's not speaking to you in Japanese is it? :p

I know, I know. European cars also sound bad. :p (as do small american ones, and even large luxury ones)
And yes, I do like a meaty old american V8. Modern ones from around the world are often soft and foofy sounding. :( People say they are mean and grunty but that is BS.

JustinMartin has one. I don't, I just like what they look like for an avatar:p
I have a 3rd gen Celica, which was platform mates with the MkII Supra. They're basically identical from the firewall back, but the engine compartment is quite a bit different so I can't comment too much on that. Never worked on a 3rd gen F-body, only a 1st gen Camaro and a 4th gen TransAm, so all I can say is that Celicas definitely have more room under the hood than 4th gens, but less than a 1st gen....

Anyway, V8 swaps are somewhat common with both cars. There's a few well documented builds using both the LS1 and the Toyota 1UZ. (Lexus V8 - sounds awesome with ITBs) Check this thread for a LS1 Supra:

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?29684-Supra-LS-type

I think I've seen a LS1 swap that was better documented, but I can't remember where.

Also, check the forums on these sites for more info:
celica-gts.com
toymods.org.au
lextreme.com

Well, I might drive a Mark II Supra.. Those seem nice from the outside. A Yaris is not a Mark II Supra, and idk about the interior layout of the mkII so I cannot say for sure if I would be happy with it.
I can attest to this, my sister has a Yaris, it sounds, looks, nor performs anything like a Mk II Supra lol. Also don't like the placement of the speedo, I don't mind change, its just you have to look away from the road just to see your speed or rpms.

Also In I bet you, I could fit that same door in my PT, without removing the rear seats. I fit my current office chair (from a Caravan) in the back of my PT, all I did was flip down the rear seats lol. I've also fit my bike in there before, 18" bike, had to take off the front wheel, but if my passenger's front seat folded, I wouldn't of had to, really need to goto a junkyard and find me a hardback passenger's seat.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.