What do you race on most in terms of screen format?

What do you race on most in terms of screen format?

• Triples

Votes: 665 10.3%
  • VR

Votes: 1,234 19.2%
  • 16:9

Votes: 3,104 48.3%
  • 21:9 Ultra Wide

Votes: 937 14.6%
  • 32:9 Super Ultra Wide

Votes: 425 6.6%
  • Other, specify in comments

Votes: 67 1.0%

• Total voters
Started with VR in 2014 when I took a punt on a DK2 .
Within 1 month sold my triples and never looked back.
Fast forward now a HP G2.

My guilty pleasure outside of VR is trackir5 with GPL rocking a massive 35.89 FPS on a single
screen ;-)

I had to choose between triples and VR for the survey (chose triples) but having both options makes me feel kinda spoiled ;-)

Love the immersion of VR and after ditching Steam VR for the MUCH better OpenXr / OpenComposite route it´s as stunning as it can be.

Having said that though I still have as much or more fun in my cockpit surrounded by buttons, shifters, gadgets, flagboxes, huesync lighting, cockpit ventilation and on and on.

Is no "right way" to have fun. As long as your havin fun it´s.....right.

18 % at the moment for VR, I hope that the people believing VR is around 2% are watching the poll results.
For overall gaming VR is not popular, but for SIM racing it is a match made in heaven.
Close to 20% is certainly not a market share to ignore for developers.
2% of players does not mean 2% of simdrivers
is like taking a survey about the percentage of players who have a steering wheel, it will be very low, but if you ask a simdriver community it will be close to 100%
so I think the 2% stated by steam is a realistic estimate (hopefully it will increase)

Last edited:
21:9 ultrawide 1080p.
I would love to race on VR - in fact, I had a Quest 2 at one stage - but that lasted about 2 weeks before I got tired of all the faff just to get it going every time I wanna do a casual race, so I sold it.

Once it mature and becomes more "plug and play" and the better lenses become more budget consumer friendly, I will try it again, because the immersion is great, but at the moment I can live with what I have.

I would prefer a 32:9 screen, actually - but that's way out of my reach at the moment.

so I think the 2% stated by steam is a realistic estimate (hopefully it will increase
It is irrelevant if used in the context of justifying développer not offering VR in a SiM. Based on total steam player using a wheel, they might as well not offer wheel support either.
SIM niche market, as demonstrated here, is played in VR by 19% of interested user, end of the story.

Which apps do you use? I know the visor app, but how do you get it blurry, out of focus?
Reshade 5.2.2 Unofficial

The unofficial version prevents the software from blocking DOF (CinematicDOF) effects due to high telemetry network traffic. If you're using a standard edition, the DOF effect is disabled if telemetry is active. I don't know why, but it probably increases the CPU's workload considerably. Note that for the F1 Codemasters series, in cockpit view, the configuration parameter in "settings-->camera options-->near clip plane" will also affect the DOF settings.

If you add the helmet visor in the foreground, this gives you 3 different levels of depth for a striking effect.

Attachments

• F1_focus.jpg
    F1_focus.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 23
21:9 ultrawide 1080p.
I would love to race on VR - in fact, I had a Quest 2 at one stage - but that lasted about 2 weeks before I got tired of all the faff just to get it going every time I wanna do a casual race, so I sold it.
It's exactly what you're explaining that's holding me back from buying a VR headset. As I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I'm afraid I'll spend more time tweaking and optimizing the game's views and ergonomics than actually driving it. Approximately how long does it take to install and then regularly start a race with VR? (I don't know if this question makes sense)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.