What do you race on most in terms of screen format?

What do you race on most in terms of screen format?

• Triples

Votes: 665 10.3%
  • VR

Votes: 1,234 19.2%
  • 16:9

Votes: 3,104 48.3%
  • 21:9 Ultra Wide

Votes: 937 14.6%
  • 32:9 Super Ultra Wide

Votes: 425 6.6%
  • Other, specify in comments

Votes: 67 1.0%

• Total voters
I have a 1080p 60hz monitor and it works fine. An ultra wide would just make me have more space for AC apps on the sides, and getting a higher refresh rate is useless since I run ac in 25 fps. Maybe if I found a 720p 120hz monitor... and a newer gpu, or if i bought a RTX laptop

I play in VR and on an ultra-wide 3440x1440 (165Hz) depending on the game. I had to chose one option, so I opted for VR, since the games I play most, rF2, AMS2 and AC I all play in VR.

• Deleted member 197115

"5K" 32:9 from Samsung, and a TrackIR.
Saves a lot of space, is super immersive, and with a tiny dose of horizontal TrackIR, I can perfectly see what's beside me at any time I want or need to.
Same setup here, as a long time VR user purchased G9 with low expectation that it can approach immersion of VR, and who would have known, VR free for 2 years already.
One day VR will be just as comfortable and easy to use as monitors, but we are not there yet.
I think that just like with electric cars the technology is moving in the wrong direction, when rare metal, slow to charge lithium batteries are prioritized over hydrogen fuel cells.
We saw some promising glasses free 3D monitors already from Samsung, Acer, and Lenovo, may be this is the future instead of blocking your surrounding goggles, at least the industry leaders seems like picking up on that trend while abandoning VR in its current form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised to see the VR to triples ratio. Worth keeping in mind when folks crack the usual "all 10 VR users..." jokes when VR issues/concerns are discussed. 20% is a sizeable target and is at least double what I would have expected in even this very sim-enthusiastic audience. I love to see it.

Last edited:
I started on 26" 16:10 in 2007, then 34" 21:9, three years ago on 49" 32:9 and since last Christmas 3x 32" 1440. You can't stop development. I'm just sorry that I didn't put the suffering on 3x 40+.

Triple 1080p monitors. The GPU can run them with little issue, and they do a nice enough job, especially when properly ajusted. Much better than running single screen, but not without its issues.

VR and a 49" Ultrawide.

My preference is definitely with the VR.

But, its sweltering hot these last few weeks, so when I do run the sim-rig I forgo the VR and headphones.

VR and a 49" Ultrawide.

My preference is definitely with the VR.

But, its sweltering hot these last few weeks, so when I do run the sim-rig I forgo the VR and headphones.
Only VR as no screen but we are getting some of your heat in NZ so have to race with 3 fans and just my undies on. I Limit it to 30 min races as thats already at an hour or more with the qualy and some laps before.

Triple 55" and VR
Unfortunately for some reason Windows refuse to put the third screen at 120hz if both HDMI are used, so for now I used a DP-HDMI adapter and can't plug my VR Headset, though considering how hot the room can get it's not a bad thing.

• Deleted member 197115

Triple 55" and VR
Unfortunately for some reason Windows refuse to put the third screen at 120hz if both HDMI are used, so for now I used a DP-HDMI adapter and can't plug my VR Headset, though considering how hot the room can get it's not a bad thing.
You really have triple 55" monitors :confused: or it's 3 combined?

40' 21:9 flat (FOV 37 in AC). Because it was on sale. But very satisfied with it since 3 years. Triple screen is what I really want.

Last edited:
VR for me. Stepped on that wagon about 6 years ago. I tried racing on a screen again, but can't get used to the single screen 2D. Love the immersion. I think VR is especially suited for racing games, as you are stationairy and not at risk of bumping into something.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.