What do you race on most in terms of screen format?

What do you race on most in terms of screen format?

• Triples

Votes: 665 10.3%
  • VR

Votes: 1,234 19.2%
  • 16:9

Votes: 3,104 48.3%
  • 21:9 Ultra Wide

Votes: 937 14.6%
  • 32:9 Super Ultra Wide

Votes: 425 6.6%
  • Other, specify in comments

Votes: 67 1.0%

• Total voters
It's exactly what you're explaining that's holding me back from buying a VR headset. As I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I'm afraid I'll spend more time tweaking and optimizing the game's views and ergonomics than actually driving it. Approximately how long does it take to install and then regularly start a race with VR? (I don't know if this question makes sense)
One of the advantages of VR is that you don't have to care about "the game's views and ergonomics". When you are in the car, you just have to press the button for centering your headset view and you are ready to go. The only concern is to be sure that your computer can handle the requirements to keep the framerate to the max all the time. I have a Pimax headset, which is not a user-friendly headset to setup and use, and I can tell you it's as simple as launching the Pimax software, waiting for the base stations to find my headset, (optionally) launch Steam VR and Virtual Desktop (to see your Windows desktop on the headset), launch AC, and press GO (supposing you already have setup the game to use VR, Steam VR or OpenXR). If you have enough lighting on your room and are not all surrounded by reflective surfaces, you should not have problems of tracking. The main problem you will find is screen fogging, which can be fixed with fans pointing at your face.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea