Wednesday 4th November 2009 - Rally Hillclimb Chasers

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Andrew Evans

cheers dude, i've swapped us out for the standard version of tervaniemi....

i also totally forgot to upload saint agreve... will do it this eve :becky:

• Aaron Cloutier

I'm in.

Aaron Cloutier (ascloutier)

US Time please

• Aaron Cloutier

Well.. so much for that....

I don't have any idea what's going on. Joined fine then as soon as the first rally was supposed to start, RSRBR shows me this... Am I a day early? :excruciating:

what_is_happening.jpg

• Andrew Dawes

I'll have to miss this one guys. Good luck.

And Yes Aaron, i think you are/were a day early.

Just finished.......

Here's something I didn't know:

Hillclimb = no pacenotes :sweat:!

Took the Impreza 95 out for a spin, now that's one fun car! Mont Herman in particular (ignoring the numerous offs) was awesome sideways cornering fun :good:
Not my fastest drive ever but no retirements so that's an improvement over the last couple of events.

Have fun you guys!

P.S. the ditches in Tervaniemi are evil :laugh2:

• Andrew Evans

weird.... no idea what happened to you there aaron mate... but you were there at the right time.... results show you as having joined the server - but obv no times recorded :(

• Andrew Evans

welp, pretty pissed off.... managed to finally get it all up and running on ze new machine... only to find out the btb stages don't work.... FOR NO REASON....

i can't understand the thinking about locking those stages out for offline play... so, had no opportunity to fix them beforehand and tbh everything is right and in the right place, so i can only think it's something to do with running under w7 64-bit... anyone else using this OS sucessfully? (i even tried running the whole shebang with UAC turned off, same result)....

regular stages work fine, though.... :(

on another note, am fairly demotivated by the lack of sign-ups recently... i can't be arsed to spend a lot of energy on this club if the interest just isn't there... testing, flyer creation, planning so that things stay varied and/or interesting considering the lack of stages available - it all takes lots of time and thought... :shrug:

so, am taking a week off next week and we'll see where we go from there....

results will be up later, as usual...

I am running Win7 64bit, runs fine. Andrew, these are fantastic events. This was going to happen eventually, forget abou' it! :D

My rally was going perfect, leading for most of it, then BLAMMO last 2 stages a victim of this game freezing/lagging issue. Lost me a win. Ah well, what can you do? Used to losing a rally because of it.

Thanks for the rally Andrew.

Sorry to hear that Andrew,for me it was a very nice but hard race.After only 3 events that I've made,the future is unknown because of lack of participants.the horizont looks a little bit dark,like in my country Rally Championship,last year in a event there were 60-70 participants and this year at the final rally only 35 :disapointed:.

• Andrew Evans

results are gonna be postponed 24 hours.... blahdee new machine doesn't have anything on it, does it?!

but - bert - dunno what your times said locally.... but at least a couple of your btb times are totally messed... eg. 6 mins for mont herman.... :(

• Bert Van Waes

Ok, that was an interesting compiled rally. I had problems in all stages with the car, lol. But man what a funny to throw at the chicanes and hairpins car indeed!
Yeah Andrew, the BTB stages were doing funky... Stage 5 didnt load properly and went to the same one as the 3th, happend again 2 stages later... But don't worry about it mate. This doesn't matter on this one for me, because i was the last one anyway... :D I had 4 times gearbox problems, and 2 of them i could finnish with a slipping cluthch wich smelled like a dead pig. Another stage went fine until the oil started cooking. And well, yeah... :)
I have to say 2 BTB stages were absolutely fantastic track design wise. Crazy elevations wich made for hairpins were you needed to work more then just brake, pull handbrake and throw it at the apex. Nice additions there.

on another note, am fairly demotivated by the lack of sign-ups recently... i can't be arsed to spend a lot of energy on this club if the interest just isn't there... testing, flyer creation, planning so that things stay varied and/or interesting considering the lack of stages available - it all takes lots of time and thought... :shrug:

Quoten for truth!

Yeah man, i understand the situation. All i can add is this: This little clubcorner on RD spotted my eye immediately, even when it was tucked away in the beginning somewhere low at the bottom, before redesigns... I had RBR 2,3 years just laying in the closet. I knew it was a great sim and i loved the france stages 3 years ago. But i never came far from there, and just hoped online could be nice... 3 years later and some months after me signing up here. This little Gem here at RD opens up...
And for me, a great moment to join in with the rest here and to explore the little Holy Grail Richard Burns left us. I can only say tx again Andrew, for all those fantastic events so far. Seeing that this is the only sim i actually want to do the effort off making a video (how stupid it sometimes even is), just so i have smth to remember. Like Mark sais, it was going to happen sooner or later, wy? Because this sim really is hardcore, and not so easy on the step in levels... And because tastes differ, probably. Just know that what you are doing here, is absolutely suppreme stuff Andrew, even though it must smtms feel not so, because lack of interest etc...

A week can help eh. ;)

And tx to all hardcore rallyers here for these nice battles so far eh! Mark, Lewis, Warren, Glenn, newly addition: Bjorn :)
And all the otheres to oc, like Robb and Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back