It was Van Erd, the guy that owns the team, he is a terrible driver.
He's not a terrible driver.. He's only been circuit racing for a few years and started out on a very late age.

He's pretty clean usually, hasn't made any big mistakes so far. He's slow yes but this race he was only 2 seconds from giedo van der garde's fastest time and even less from nyck's time. He's been improving by big margins every race.

Crazy come and go weather, it's impressive how fast the transitions were from full snow to bright sunshine. Luckily it produced awesome racing in GTE Pro and Am without too many interruptions. Lately I've criticized how WEC usually show us endless Toyota on-board laps when there's interesting battles in other categories.

Now I've to take that statement down, Spa had brilliant coverage!

Pastor Maldonado winning endurance races now? That's not something I expected to see!

I think he won in LMP2 class at the Daytona Rolex 24 this year as well...I've noticed there are many cases of drivers who did poorly in F1 but do quite the opposite in other series, some did well before F1 (like Brendon Hartley), others like Maldonado did well after.

I think he won in LMP2 class at the Daytona Rolex 24 this year as well...I've noticed there are many cases of drivers who did poorly in F1 but do quite the opposite in other series, some did well before F1 (like Brendon Hartley), others like Maldonado did well after.
What was wrong with with Maldonado in F1? :sneaky:

He's not a terrible driver.. He's only been circuit racing for a few years and started out on a very late age.

He's pretty clean usually, hasn't made any big mistakes so far. He's slow yes but this race he was only 2 seconds from giedo van der garde's fastest time and even less from nyck's time. He's been improving by big margins every race.
He got lapped by the GTE field in Fuji. He is one of the slowest drivers on the grid.

Great race...never seen it before....snow in a race...

Happened in literally the last VLN too, couple of weeks ago. Incidentally RCN was snowed off on Saturday unsurprisingly ( given the Nurburgring is just over the hill from Spa ).

Amazingly, every car finished the WEC race! that is not actually a common thing to happen. Surprisingly few incidents too - 95 got seriously unlucky several times, although the 97 crew seemed to be on top all week.

Snow was not a surprise for some though...Aston came prepared:

IMG-1061.jpg

:D

He got lapped by the GTE field in Fuji. He is one of the slowest drivers on the grid.
Sure he had trouble then but he was on slicks in the rain.

But yes he was very slow there, and I'm not saying he isn't slow but he's not a terrible driver.

For me a terrible driver is someone who is just a danger on the track. Which he isn't apart from the aston martin incident this race he's been very clean.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back