Way to reduce speculars on Grass?

Hi,

is there a way to reduce the speculars on grass? I like the speculars on road texture but grass looks realy ugly in VR.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 140
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I'd like to know this as well.

It also happens with SOL 2.2.9, but only with CSP 0..1.80 or newer versions.
In a differente time I'd keep using CSP prior versions to that one, but this is pretty unfortunate as there are some awesome mods that now require newer CSP versions.

Last edited:
I found a (temporary?) solution for SOL 2.2.9, and it works with newest CSP versions.
I have no idea how to do it for PURE, unfortunately. But perhaps a similar parameter exhists there to have range values changed accordingly.

So, for those using SOL (2.2.9), you need to edit your prefered PPfilter(s).
In the directory "....\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters\sol_custom_configs", open with a text editor (notepad, etc) the .LUA file corresponding to your prefered PPFilter.
If your prefered PPfilter does not have a .LUA file there, you'll need to create one.

Once with the .LUA opened, under the section "function update_sol_custom_config()", search/locate the parameter "SOL__set_config" (without the comas) and then modify the entire line corresponding to it, to the following:

SOL__set_config("nerd__speculars_adjust", "Level", (0.23 - 0.1 * sun_compensate(0)), true)

If the line does not exhist in the .LUA, then copy/paste it there.

Save and Exit, and it's done.

For example, I'm using Horizon Shades Classic. That parameter doesn't exhist in its corresponding .LUA file, so I simply added that line in it (see attached screenshot).

I attached BEFORE and AFTER screenshots. :) No more ugly sparkly psychedelic grass.

If curious, the problem is solved by decreasing the maximum range value of that parameter (usually 1.0, reduced to something like 0.23, as you see in the line I placed above, in bold green).

Attachments

• before_modded PPfilter.jpg
    before_modded PPfilter.jpg
    677.9 KB · Views: 216
  • after_modded PPfilter.jpg
    after_modded PPfilter.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 214
  • modded PP filter in notepad++.jpg
    modded PP filter in notepad++.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Latest News