Wagnum's Graphics Mod

Misc Wagnum's Graphics Mod Final (I promise! ;)

Login or Register an account to download this content
It's most likely a problem with my system, I pretty much have constant, random problems that nobody else has ever heard of. I presume I installed it all correctly since the PPfilter and the weathers all show up and I was able to use the jsgme to activate them. I have fairly low end TV's for my racing setup so they don't really have any kind of calibration option, but all the stock weathers look fine and all other games look fine (well, fine as in not dark). I haven't tried your most recent update, I'll install it when I get home in a couple hours and see how it looks. If it's still dark like the previous few versions I'll send a screenshot. Don't spend too much time on it though since it's probably something screwy on my end, I was just wondering if there was an additional step I was missing or something.
No afraid no other steps... Dont know if it would help but have had a couple people have issues with JSGME so you could just manually install. The weather folder goes in assetto corsa/content/weather, the clouds in assetto corsa/content/textures/clouds and the filter goes in the ppfilter folder. Just move them manually from the MOD folder in the download and replace the existing folders...

Making quite a few changes once again in my next update. I'm really happy with all the weathers and the filter now now except my nemesis, the "light cloud" weather... I can make i look the most gorgeous out of all of them when the sun is low in the sky but doing so then screws up the lighting throughout the transition period.

The only way I can get the clouds to look correct throughout the entire time zones without making them look bland is to increase the sun strength but in doing so increases the strength of the shadows and then they in turn look fake against the amount of light. I am probably asking too much of the tools I have as I went back and checked the vanilla weather and what i'm trying to achieve looks so much better but i'm going to keep on persevering and once I get as best I can i'll update.

For those of you that likes the contrast of my original filter, you'll be pleased as ive done some tweaks that have brought it back slightly but in a more realistic way so its not as sharp. Had to do this as some of the transitions in weathers looked too washed out but in doing so this is now fixed while the cockpits still look great :)

WagnumPI updated Wagnum's Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Big changes... again!

View attachment 125303

Right, hope people like the changes as its made the filter quite different once again and ive spent a fair bit of time tinkering.

Updates as follows;
- Filter has higher contrast but is overall brighter so cockpit is completely visible unlike on my older versions but isnt as washed out as my more recent ones. Had to do this to get the right lighting throughout all time zones with all weathers. Think it does look better this was as well although i'm sure some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I know ive only just updated but....

Know I only did an update yesterday but the clear sky colours were bugging me as they didnt look realistic enough.

When I try and achieve the right colour I usually find an image to work from and then just try and get it to look similar. Most images on the internet however are over saturated and photoshopped so dont give you a true life look. Most camera's, especially phones also add colour to the image to make it "pop" more so once again a problem. It then dawned on me ive taken photos...

Right been working on god rays and think ive found a nice balance of not being blinded while keeping them nicely visible and adding that little something. Here's a taster
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl_mugello_13-3-116-16-0-46.jpg

Bloom is back more, but in a subtle way...

I went back to check my older versions of my filter and realized I had turned my back on effects bloom effects somewhat and the higher contrast although a problem in some ways, also made some stunning visuals. I have therefore brought them back in a subtle way but in turn this meant I had to rework the filter entirely and then get the weathers to work again properly so lots of changes have been made even if its not that noticeable. Hopefully it's for the best but I let you guys decide. Can...

Hey Wag. Just wanted to let you know that I am still using your mod. It's great and thanks for all your hard work. I am still on version 3.1 I think with the new clouds and looks great. I find that I need at least 2 weeks to use your mod on all the tracks and different cars before I decide to change if I find something I don't like. For now it's great thanks. Should be on your 4 by the summer.. :)

Thanks for this amazing filter. Just having some problems with some weather option, some of them are too dark. Any suggestion to fix it? Thanks again.
If you have exposure set to 100% in game (page up/down) and still feel that way, go into the color curve file under said weather, and raise the last number under ambient. You'll have four numbers separated by commas, the last one controls ambient brightness. Only move it up by 1 each time and then test. I would advise testing at brands as its the best optimised track as places like spa are overly bright in comparison to the the rest

Hey Wagnum
Have you tried the new update?? What do you think of the new filters with latest update?? After a fresh install of the game and playing for a few hours I think we need your magic touch again. Even with your latest filter the brightness and colours need some tweaking. I can't get the exposure right anymore. The default filters are same as before. Too bright or too dark especially in mid day. Need your touch I think...
Overall I like the new update. Some nice new subtle detail improvements to the visuals. My GPU is definitely more stressed now with this new update. But overall with a nice new filter it can be best looking game yet.

Hey Wagnum
Have you tried the new update?? What do you think of the new filters with latest update?? After a fresh install of the game and playing for a few hours I think we need your magic touch again. Even with your latest filter the brightness and colours need some tweaking. I can't get the exposure right anymore. The default filters are same as before. Too bright or too dark especially in mid day. Need your touch I think...
Overall I like the new update. Some nice new subtle detail improvements to the visuals. My GPU is definitely more stressed now with this new update. But overall with a nice new filter it can be best looking game yet.
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_4c_ks_silverstone_1-4-116-19-20-46.jpg
Yeah I basically have been waiting for the update to do anything really as didnt want to waste my time :)
I reinstalled the vanilla weathers with the update and working from the "natural" vanilla filter have got everything how I want it. Surprising how quickly ive managed to do this working from scratch as only taken me a few hours but I believe its down to the great work Kunos have achieved plus now I know what everything does! Having said that the standard sky colours are pretty bad in certain conditions and some of the bits and bobs seem a little crazy but think im now happy. Will be testing over the next few days but think its looking good and very glad to see all the tracks all very well optimized now! :)

Nice work as usual Wag... I just uploaded a video to racetube using your filter. Looks fantastic. My only issue is the smoke mod I use looks a little too blue as seen in the video...But not a big deal. I just turned the effect down a little.

Nice work as usual Wag... I just uploaded a video to racetube using your filter. Looks fantastic. My only issue is the smoke mod I use looks a little too blue as seen in the video...But not a big deal. I just turned the effect down a little.

Nice vid. I did a complete reinstall with the update so now using the vanilla smoke again personally. Have made some slight adjustments to a few of the colours today so will at some point release again, but just so glad with the improvements Kunos have made. The games really looking gorgeous whatever mod your using and obviously for me at least my mod has got it pretty much exactly how i want it to look now :) If you could have more than one light source in this game engine the look could be improved but I guess that's one of the reasons why I can get a good frame rate in 4k so cant complain too much :)

i agree. the game looks fantastic. And your mod just makes it that much better. It must look amazing in 4k.. I opted for 2k gsync monitor though. I dont think my single 980ti could run this game smooth at 4k maxed out. Looks fantastic in 2k maxed though.. I cant wait for your updates. Gets better each time.

i agree. the game looks fantastic. And your mod just makes it that much better. It must look amazing in 4k.. I opted for 2k gsync monitor though. I dont think my single 980ti could run this game smooth at 4k maxed out. Looks fantastic in 2k maxed though.. I cant wait for your updates. Gets better each time.
Reckon it probably could! Ive got a clocked 780 (A little slower than a 780ti). I have some of the things like reflections turned down a little and motion blur off but still manage 50-60fps. I'd say a 980ti would easily do 4k maxed out happily. My monitor is an ultra wide screen which i do my modding on but when racing i get in front of the 65" 4k telly (Spent way too much on screens here ;) The graphics engine is pretty well optimized plus with only one light source allowed in the graphics engine it's not having to do complicated lighting calculations.

hmm thats good to know. A little to late now though. I just dropped 800 on this monitor lol.. I had a 780 as well. It was a great card. I only upgraded because my motherboard went bad and I got the upgrade bug lol..$2000+ later here i am. #PCMasterrace SMH

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.