VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ian. just wondering, when will the skin deadlines be? i wouldn't mind having a go at making my first skin after the vwec. failing that, calum might do a great job but i wouldn't mind seeing my own outcome first. its something i've wanted to do for a while and never got round to. i just give calum ideas and he takes them, adds to them and sprinkles in fairy dust. i want to know if i can be a fairy to. lol well, not quite like that :confused::roflmao:

hi ian. just wondering, when will the skin deadlines be? i wouldn't mind having a go at making my first skin after the vwec. failing that, calum might do a great job but i wouldn't mind seeing my own outcome first. its something i've wanted to do for a while and never got round to. i just give calum ideas and he takes them, adds to them and sprinkles in fairy dust. i want to know if i can be a fairy to. lol well, not quite like that :confused::roflmao:

Not to worry, I didn't set a deadline, as the rules for skins are none and we are going to use the skinsharing system of rf2 itself.

So if your design is not completly finished that won't be a problem, you can work out the details of your design during the season and bring updates on your livery every round;)
That will take the pressure off and you can enjoy learning designing a great skin.:thumbsup:

Here a big package with several skins.
This package is included several helmets.

The Cars:

FR3512_1SMICON.jpg

FR3512_2SMICON.jpg

FR3512_3SMICON.jpg

FR3512_4SMICON.jpg

FR3512_5SMICON.jpg

FR3512_6SMICON.jpg

FR3512_7SMICON.jpg

FR3512_8SMICON.jpg

FR3512_9SMICON.jpg

FR3512_15SMICON.jpg

FR3512_16SMICON.jpg

FR3512_17SMICON.jpg

FR3512_18SMICON.jpg

FR3512_19SMICON.jpg

FR3512_20SMICON.jpg

FR3512_21SMICON.jpg

FR3512_22SMICON.jpg

FR3512_23SMICON.jpg

FR3512_24SMICON.jpg

FR3512_25SMICON.jpg

Downloadlink Package:
Skins F3.5 RD

Instructions:

Extract this rar file into your rFactor 2 dir.
You can find the cars under the car number 4 under tuning in the garage.

Ian has done some work on the Figjam Racing car.
The orange colour is a tribute to Bruce McLaren and similar theme to Figjam Racings GTR GT1.
The car will carry #12 in honour of Sennas JPS Lotus 97T which is what he was driving the first time I saw him on live on TV at Adelaide GP. I remember the excitement in Murray Walkers voice even now as he commentated on Senna

https://www.dropbox.com/s/soemelt93q45to2/GRAB_008.JPG

Last edited:
hello @Ian Franssen

ok questions:
1) will t-cam be allowed? I always drive cockpit but after watching f1 on tv and seeing drivers from a t-cam viewpoint i quite like it. i have no issues if only cockpit is allowed but i beg the question.
2) am i correct in thinking that all aids will be off to make this a level playing field - other than auto clutch?
3)will there be a pre season christmas fun race or something? maybe a fun race with full race distance? I'm sure there will be some excellent driving but i would guess we will become aware of at least one guy wtih skills that many of us have never seen before and never want to see again lol
i would hate for the first corner of the first race to be ruined :-(

hello @Ian Franssen

ok questions:
1) will t-cam be allowed? I always drive cockpit but after watching f1 on tv and seeing drivers from a t-cam viewpoint i quite like it. i have no issues if only cockpit is allowed but i beg the question.
2) am i correct in thinking that all aids will be off to make this a level playing field - other than auto clutch?
3)will there be a pre season christmas fun race or something? maybe a fun race with full race distance? I'm sure there will be some excellent driving but i would guess we will become aware of at least one guy wtih skills that many of us have never seen before and never want to see again lol

Hey Andrew,

- it will be cockpit view only, don't know how to limit it to Cockpit and T-cam but exclude others, just cockpit I know how to do, and makes it even for everyone.
- Yes you are right, only use of autoclutch is allowed.
- I was planning to do a testrace one week in advance:) This indeed also to point out to certain new drivers what is expected on Racedepartment servers, but with a testrace it will always be different than with the real deal.
So when the season starts, I will warn everyone where I will pay attention too, and if someone really hasn't got the driver standard that is requested, and he doesn't improve right away after a warning, there is the possibility I will exclude him from this season to do some more practice and come back next year.
Most people I could see in the sign-up know about the RD standards and I am confident it will be quite a good driving standard, but if you do come across a driver who is violating the rules please let me know by pm and video so that I can asses it with my collegues and take action if needed.

hello @Ian Franssen

ok questions:

If you ever used T-Cam you'd be getting T-Boned :thumbsup:

I'd like to give it a try in this series as a warm-up for the other series starting later.

I don't have that much experience in general, only 1 full season behind, in FSR WT division, and another incomplete season in the same division/series (only like a third of the full season). I'm either midfield or a bit above that there, so, I'm looking for someone who knows about setups (I'm still a total noob with those). :roflmao:

I'm pretty consistent, but bad in qualifyings.

Most likely taking part. :thumbsup:

This shall also be a great experience since I just got rF2 yesterday and haven't tried it properly yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes