VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formula Renault 35.jpg

If you guys want to start speculating and discuss about the Formula 3.5 series, please do:)

Official announcement with more details will follow soon..

A clue for one of the tracks....there will be a nightrace..which track will that be?

Last edited:
I'm sure not, because I will...

Just joking :) I never liked openwheelers in other sims, so I have not much practice... but for sure I will be here to test what can I do with this cars in a championship with rF2.

How can a night race be held on a track where there's virtually no track lighting and with cars that don't have headlights?

Take the f3.5 for a spin on the track, there is very good visabilty without headlights, if the weather is clear. There is track lightnig all around the track. If you feel that it isn;t the case perhaps you can send me a video by PM with wat you see so I can have a look at it, others I asked said that sight was good also. Perhaps with certain settings the visability aint that good, I didn't find it when I tested different settings, for that reason I planned the race. But if people can show me that it's not the case on their computer, I can look into their settings and see if that makes a difference, and if it shows that it really creates a problem for some, it will be held at daytime.
But please take a spin in the conditions I discribed, and let me know what you think:)

Here's hoping it's not a weeknight league! I'm obviously the minority though, as weeknight GMT is smack dab in the middle of the workday for me. : )

It's planned to be on Sunday so indeed people from other continents also can compete in the series, I need to get confirmation from someone who is helping me from the technical side if he is available for those days, so can't confirm yet, next week more info is coming and we have a final decision on the raceday.

Sorry I didnt get back to you Ian, it simply slipped my mind. Had a try with the 3.5's at night and found them very easy to drive, even easier than at dusk.

Looks like a good choice after all mate!

I'm in!

I'm glad to hear that:)

PS guys, I said I would follow this week with more info, because of an exam I have to do it might be next week, but will try to do it this week, if the study progresses according to plan.

Also very interested in this, just to add some fuel to the fire if it's needed. I appreciate what the Clio series is about but there needs to be a premier rF2 (non-endurance) series with a proper racing car. I would also hope to see race lengths of at least 45 minutes so some strategy and tire management comes into play, and dynamic weather as well.

i migth be interested in this series also, i just havce to get some more practice with the car so check if i'm able to drive the car ok over a race's lebgth without having much problems, i still have to get used to the formula cars, i'm not very used to them, so some extra practce is required

To give some details already and to answer your question, It will be close to the original series, there will be 2 back to back races, first one is 45 minutes:) like in the real Formula Renault 3.5.
Race length second race will be 30 minutes.
There will be different weather, not just dry or complete wet, anything can happend with regards to weather.
What a premier rf2 series will be is something that is discussable for everyone, I suppose that is dependable on where somebodies intrest lies..Offcourse we will be organizing other leagues in the future, so of this one won't be it, I'm sure there will come on in the future. We won't be promoting this one as the premier league though, I think for the open wheelers that role will be for the F1..

Hi chaps, I haven't been around for awhile and at this moment dont even have rFactor 2 but I am itching to get back into some racing, I will probably get RF2 this week, I see Sunday nights are planned which is right up my street but what date is pencilled in for a league start ? also I was just looking at some of my old posts and apart from RDLMS earlier this year the last racing I did here was early in 2012 so I have lost touch with whats going on, it seems pretty quiet do you envisage having a fullish grid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back