VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (F3.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasnt the sign up's for the F3.5's started? I thought they had, I've even asked other if they are wanting to team up. I've looked, looked and looked again, but cant find them anywhere.

Am I just missing the link, or have I finally cracked?

gibber

Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence, I was very busy in personal life.

Good to see people are interested.:)

The season will start early 2014, probably half januari. We intend to have a race every 3 weeks, untill june, which will be around 8 or 9 locations, with double races making it an total of 16 to 18 races. I can't say how many people will join as it is the first season, but looking at the other leagues the intrest is high when a leaque is organized. When there will be a lot of people participating a second league is formed.
This month the info will be released and people can sign-up for the league.

I'm highly interested as well!
The Formula Renault 3.5 have received too much negative criticism since it was released, which is a shame, since it really is a pleasure to drive once you get to know your way around the setup of the car!

formula-renault-35-jpg.45380

League: Virtual World Series by Renault
Season: 3 (2014)
Sim(s) Required: rFactor 2
Cars: Formula Renault 3.5
Grid size: 26 drivers with a reserve list up to 35, once 36 is reached before the start of the season, 2 divisions are formed of 18 drivers or more.

Introduction
Welcome to the third iteration of the Virtual World Series by Renault hosted by Racedepartment. After the success of our first two V-WSR seasons with the Clio's and the Meganes, we are now also introducing the Formula Renault 3.5 Championship.

The formula cars, were young talent is prepared before Formula 1, will be an open league for any licensed RD member to join, to fight for the Driver Championship and to form or join a team to compete for the Team Championship. A one man team is also allowed.

The first F3.5 championship will be held at 9 different venues, with back to back races, and a reversed grid for the second race based on the end results of the first race, for the first 15.

With a lot of points to be devided every race, and extra points to be won by achieving small achievements during a raceweekend like fastest lap, poleposition in qualy, poleposition for second race by finishing first race 15th, and most positions gained during a race, there is always something to race for and points to be scored, even if you start from last position.

Available cars
Drivers in this series will be driving the Formula Renault 3.5 cars from ISI's default content. All setup options will remain available during the sessions.

Tracks:
TBA

Driver Aids:
Auto clutch on/off

Broadcasting:
Not planned this season

Last edited:
Calander
Round 1 - January 12th - Fuji
Round 2 - Februari 2nd - Mills Metropark*
Round 3 - February 23rd - Portugal
Round 4 - March 16th - Bahrain
Round 5 - April 6th - Poznan
Round 6- April 27th - Silverstone
Round 7- May 18th - Bahrain
Round 8- June 8th - Sebring*
Round 9- June 29th - Nürburgring GP

* These races are complete or partially Night/Twilight races.

Races will be held at Sundays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Session + Briefing Info:
Every race will have 5 sessions. Each round will feature a Practice, Qualification, Warm-Up and 2 Race sessions.
Before each race, there is a briefing on Teamspeak. For round1 it's MANDATORY all drivers come, new drivers are MANDATORY to come to the briefing at the first race they enter.
it's not obligated to have a microphone, if you can listen in that's fine. Not being present during the briefing is reason to cancel the signup for the league if we choose so.
Each round will feature a Practice, Qualification, Warm-Up and 2 Race sessions.

Practice: On race day the servers will be open all day to practice
Briefing: 5 - 10 minutes starts 19:15 GMT (only for round1 it's MANDATORY all drivers come, new drivers are MANDATORY to come to the briefing at the first race they enter)

Qualification:
30 minutes starts at 19:30 GMT
Warmup 1: 5 minutes starts at 20:00 GMT
Race 1: Based on laps (45 minutes max) starts at 20:05 GMT
Warmup 2: 15 minutes starts at 20:50 GMT
Race 2: Based on laps (40 minutes max) starts at 21:05 GMT (Top 15 based on results from Race 1 will reverse grid positions).

In summertime the starting times will be set an hour earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back