VWSR S3: Virtual World Series by Renault (Clio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your DDS file needs to be put into the correct location for it to work correctly. Start off with the location you specified for data to be installed when you installed rFactor2, by default this is in the Documents folder.

Within the Documents or Data folder, the structure for placing a car skin is like this: \Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ISI_SkipBarber_2012\SKIPBARBER_05\Altskin1.dds
‘ISI_SkipBarber_2012′ is the name of the component, ‘SKIPBARBER_05′ is the Veh file name (minus the .veh), and Altskin1.dds is the name of your saved file.

For other cars, simply alter that location for each different car component and Veh file name, and if the location does not exist, you should create the appropriate folders yourself.

Note: Your saved DDS file name must be less than 10 characters wide, not including extension, and ‘alt’ must be within the filename.

Not sure if this will answer you're questions or not, but this is straight from the rFactor website.

And here is an extract from a skinning guide.

Other naming conventions for your skins (for windows, rims etc) are;

skinalt.dds
skinaltRIM.dds
skinaltWINDOW.dds
skinaltEXTRA0.dds
skinaltHELMET.dds

Kinda weird that guys who "signed up" later are on the grid and some who signed up before are not...hm...what are the preferences there..?

It's not done on a first come first served basis, its down to experience, feedback & commitment along with various other factors admins can explain.

Thought I'd reply here in the correct thread rather than spamming the sign up thread....

Drivers:
Name: Miroslav Davidovic

Bio: Born in Banja Luka, living in Austria currently. Started with online racing with iRacing.

Past Experience: VWSR third place season 2

Goals for this season: Match season two.

Facebook: /mrslfrsl.da
Twitter: @Mrslfrsl

Last edited:
Hopefully it might not be to much to ask, but is it possible to add the TS details in the General Info topic? (I personally can't find the address in the forum and I suspect I might not be alone. :( )

Preview.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play