• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Vsync On = faster laptimes

Discussion in 'SRO E-Sport GT Series' started by csmarcell15, Jul 9, 2019.

1. csmarcell15

csmarcell15

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everybody! This thing happened on the SRO Esport special event at Spa.
    Today I turned on the vsync in the video settings, and I realized that my laptimes are getting faster and faster.. With vsnyc off I was slower more than a sec ( was really hard to go under 2:20 ). But with vsnyc on 2:18:x times are achievable.
    Sorry, if somebody wrote about that before, but i found nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Alvaro de la Orden

Alvaro de la Orden

Ratings:
    +34
    Mmmm, makes me wonder about some kind of input lag?? But 2 secs is a massive difference .

3. Arkoudadis

Arkoudadis
    George Georgiadis Premium

Ratings:
    +85
    Placebo mate! maybe smoother image helps YOU improve your laptimes. Maybe you had too many statters before! Vsync on is actually increasing the input lag!. Which means that you would have "slower" reactions to what is happening on screen!
    Or you are completely right and there is some kind of a major **** up in Unreal engine.

4. csmarcell15

csmarcell15

Ratings:
    +1
    No, I tried to drive the car on the limit with both settings but with vsync on I just faster. My corners, my braking points are the same with both settings, so i really don't understand how it is possible.

5. Arkoudadis

Arkoudadis

Ratings:
    +85
    Did you report it in ACC forums? i mean you could be onto something!

• Like Like x 1
  6. RasmusP

RasmusP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,051
    I've heard about this on some YouTube comments. It already should've been fixed though :O_o:
    Can you still reproduce it?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Arkoudadis

Arkoudadis

Ratings:
    +85
    If this is a thing its seriously game breaking! And amateur from a developer like Kunos to have a bug like that in a "competition" oriented game

• Like Like x 1
  8. csmarcell15

csmarcell15

Ratings:
    +1
    Now i turn off vsync but set the frame limit to 60 and now i am still able to do faster laps. Maybe the fps drop cause the slowing??

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. axel racing

axel racing

Ratings:
    +5
    i am 0.7 - 1 seconde faster with reset of option graphique and V-synch on :confused:

10. Taranta

Taranta

Ratings:
    +60
    Absolutely false :rolleyes::laugh:

11. Eralp Kumartaslioglu

Eralp Kumartaslioglu

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't know might be placebo but I felt the same thing. Stable frames with ue4 engine makes huge differences in fps games. like tarkov or squad. but I really don't know.

12. jdwohlever

jdwohlever

Ratings:
    +4
    Look at it like this.
    WIth Vsync off you can get frame rate jumps like 60, 90.. then down to 20 for a microsecond that maybe even your eyes don't detect, but your brain and reflexes do "The hand is faster than the eye"
    With Vsync ON, you get say stable 50 FPS, so your muscle memory knows how to react better because no jumps in framerate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,433
    That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense, sorry.

Also no, your hand is not faster than your eye. Quite the opposite actually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,804
    You're right Martin. In sports we used to say it was our brain getting in the way ie overthinking it. The old eyeball is pretty quick and that super computer between our ears is uber quick when we free it to process info.

I can't speak to this one way or the other, but you're obviously dealing with something. I did an FOV post years ago and how my G27 wheel responded with different FOV settings and no it wasn't an eye thing. I could lierally change it on the fly and you could see it go from jerky (33 fov) to super smooth (50 fov) and I got slammed by some guys, but most were receptive. I could use the low FOV and go into control panel and turn down the sensitivity to 18% and it was smooth. All I was trying to do was help. Remember, we all have opinions so don't take the negative ones personal. They're just giving you theirs from a completely different perspective.

What I can tell you is keep investigating the issue and please report it to Kunos. I appreciate you sharing it with us. If @RasmusP has heard about it on Boobtube then it apparently "has been a thing". Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  15. Celtic Pharaoh

Celtic Pharaoh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +879
    Alt+F4 also gives you an extra 50 bhp but it only works if you disable TC

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    • Haha Haha x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.