Vsync On = faster laptimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody! This thing happened on the SRO Esport special event at Spa.
Today I turned on the vsync in the video settings, and I realized that my laptimes are getting faster and faster.. With vsnyc off I was slower more than a sec ( was really hard to go under 2:20 ). But with vsnyc on 2:18:x times are achievable.
Sorry, if somebody wrote about that before, but i found nothing.

Placebo mate! maybe smoother image helps YOU improve your laptimes. Maybe you had too many statters before! Vsync on is actually increasing the input lag!. Which means that you would have "slower" reactions to what is happening on screen!
Or you are completely right and there is some kind of a major **** up in Unreal engine.

Placebo mate! maybe smoother image helps YOU improve your laptimes. Maybe you had too many statters before! Vsync on is actually increasing the input lag!. Which means that you would have "slower" reactions to what is happening on screen!
Or you are completely right and there is some kind of a major **** up in Unreal engine.
No, I tried to drive the car on the limit with both settings but with vsync on I just faster. My corners, my braking points are the same with both settings, so i really don't understand how it is possible.

Look at it like this.
WIth Vsync off you can get frame rate jumps like 60, 90.. then down to 20 for a microsecond that maybe even your eyes don't detect, but your brain and reflexes do "The hand is faster than the eye"
With Vsync ON, you get say stable 50 FPS, so your muscle memory knows how to react better because no jumps in framerate.

Also no, your hand is not faster than your eye. Quite the opposite actually.
You're right Martin. In sports we used to say it was our brain getting in the way ie overthinking it. The old eyeball is pretty quick and that super computer between our ears is uber quick when we free it to process info.

Hi everybody! This thing happened on the SRO Esport special event at Spa.
Today I turned on the vsync in the video settings, and I realized that my laptimes are getting faster and faster.. With vsnyc off I was slower more than a sec ( was really hard to go under 2:20 ). But with vsnyc on 2:18:x times are achievable.
Sorry, if somebody wrote about that before, but i found nothing.
I can't speak to this one way or the other, but you're obviously dealing with something. I did an FOV post years ago and how my G27 wheel responded with different FOV settings and no it wasn't an eye thing. I could lierally change it on the fly and you could see it go from jerky (33 fov) to super smooth (50 fov) and I got slammed by some guys, but most were receptive. I could use the low FOV and go into control panel and turn down the sensitivity to 18% and it was smooth. All I was trying to do was help. Remember, we all have opinions so don't take the negative ones personal. They're just giving you theirs from a completely different perspective.

What I can tell you is keep investigating the issue and please report it to Kunos. I appreciate you sharing it with us. If @RasmusP has heard about it on Boobtube then it apparently "has been a thing". Good luck and keep us posted.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline