VSCC | S4 | Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are my posts in this thread ignored? Asked similar stuff regarding the font twice before. As I didn't get an answer I just went with what looks better.

Yup everyone is ignoring you. :p

I probably didn't answer because, at the time, I hadn't done the name on my car and so didn't know there was a conflict. Plus I'm no expert.

Are my posts in this thread ignored? Asked similar stuff regarding the font twice before. As I didn't get an answer I just went with what looks better.
Sorry mate, not intentional.
If you're having trouble getting the font right, then you can just send me the finished skin as a PSD and I can add the correct font to the body. As for the windows, again, leave that to me as they'll be uniform (unless you're adding logo's to your window in which case you must get the numbers correctly formatted, otherwise I'll just delete it and make a standard window).

Chris , which files do you want? the ".veh" or/and the dds file?
I assume not the window and windshield dds.
I will need both Nick. The VEH files tell the game which textures to 'grab' for your car and some other things too. I can correct them if you've made errors however.

Sorry mate, not intentional.
If you're having trouble getting the font right, then you can just send me the finished skin as a PSD and I can add the correct font to the body. As for the windows, again, leave that to me as they'll be uniform (unless you're adding logo's to your window in which case you must get the numbers correctly formatted, otherwise I'll just delete it and make a standard window).
Problem is this

Font selected in the template (when you open the psd and edit the text layer) - Adobe Gothic Std
1.PNG

Font for driver names according to the fonts.txt file in the archive - Bank Gothic Md BT
2.PNG

Which one's the correct one? That's all I need to know. Went with the 2nd for the moment as it looks way better imo.

Problem is this

Font selected in the template (when you open the psd and edit the text layer) - Adobe Gothic Std
View attachment 154311

Font for driver names according to the fonts.txt file in the archive - Bank Gothic Md BT
View attachment 154312

Which one's the correct one? That's all I need to know. Went with the 2nd for the moment as it looks way better imo.

I'll let someone else confirm but from previous experience your kind of half right.

Adobe Gothic Standard is used on the names above the doors, that was the case for the previous league with these cars and I believe it's the case here. Certainly that's the font photoshop looks for when you edit the name.

Bank Gothic MD BT is the font used on the windows for your name. Windscreen file and external glass.

Yes it does look better but we'd better keep the admins happy. Haha.

Hope that helps.

I'll let someone else confirm but from previous experience your kind of half right.

Adobe Gothic Standard is used on the names above the doors, that was the case for the previous league with these cars and I believe it's the case here. Certainly that's the font photoshop looks for when you edit the name.

Bank Gothic MD BT is the font used on the windows for your name. Windscreen file and external glass.

Yes it does look better but we'd better keep the admins happy. Haha.

Hope that helps.
hm, windshield.psd has adobe gothic std as well though.

Problem is this

View attachment 154311

View attachment 154312

Ah okay, I see what you mean.
Please use Adobe Gothic Std, as per the template's default. The text file in this instance is wrong.

Apologies for the readme text file, some of the things are a bit out of date. Also, again, my fault but I forgot to update the file naming.txt file (really should have just deleted it), to include the fact that the helmets should be saved in DXT5 Interpolated Alpha. This info is included in the actual Helmet and Driver folder, so hopefully most have read from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.1%