VSCC | S4 | Skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the rule that you'd want mandatory logo placements but I know many professional skinners and 0% of them would use that default RD logo, for a website or branding its good but to force a logo like that to be on a livery...That's just mean.

And all I did was change the font man...Your breaking my heart Chris.

(jk I don't really mind using the default one...not really joking but I don't mind cause I'm not using that skin hehehehe)

Last edited:
@Casper @Sniper @Jack
Hope you likey likey :)

APIA2.jpg
Sweeeeeeeet. Now I feel bad about having to crash it.
Thanks for the work mate:thumbsup:

I appreciate that you may not like the styling, but it's the same for everyone and must be uniform across the series.

I'm not trying to get into an argument or anything like that, and I'm usually completely open to making changes based on your guy's feedback for all aspects of our racing, but on this issue I'm putting my foot down. You have free reign over every other design aspect of the car (with the exception of the windows).

All we request is that these RD logos remain as they are.

I appreciate that you may not like the styling, but it's the same for everyone and must be uniform across the series.

I'm not trying to get into an argument or anything like that, and I'm usually completely open to making changes based on your guy's feedback for all aspects of our racing, but on this issue I'm putting my foot down. You have free reign over every other design aspect of the car (with the exception of the windows).

All we request is that these RD logos remain as they are.
Get that. May I request then that this is something that'll be looked at for future leagues? I mean if you take the RDGTC for example the RD logos are incorporated in the number plates, which looks ace imo.

Funny how a small issue/rule can make me feel so irritated. The more I think about it the more I want to gently slap who ever made that logo in the face.

You've made your opinion clear. You don't like the logo, and you don't like the rule, but saying something like that is completely unnecessary and really uncalled for.

And to end this logo topic, I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to spark an argument, I believe non of my comments has suggested that, all of this is just a discussion to me. And just because I think the logo looks like cancer on my livery doesn't mean I hate or have ill will towards the person who created it. The logo actually looks good for a brand!

And @Chris Stacey, I've never been a moderator but I think I understand how you feel & the duties you have, the slapping comment is unnecessary and uncalled for, but the context of that statement in my comment was clearly meant to be a joke. Again, Just because a logo is ugly doesn't mean I think the person who created it is.

I'm sorry if I was an annoyance to you Chris.

Last edited:
And to end this logo topic, I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to spark an argument, I believe non of my comments has suggested that, all of this is just a discussion to me. And just because I think the logo looks like cancer on my livery doesn't mean I hate or have ill will towards the person who created it. The logo actually looks good for a brand!

And @Chris Stacey, I've never been a moderator but I think I understand how you feel & the duties you have, the slapping comment is unnecessary and uncalled for, but the context of that statement in my comment was clearly meant to be a joke. Again, Just because a logo is ugly doesn't mean I think the person who created it is.

I'm sorry if I was an annoyance to you Chris.
I accept your apology, and I appreciate that you're passionate about this issue, but there are ways to voice your opinion, and ways not to voice your opinion. Saying that the current logos look like "cancer" and that the "person who created them should be slapped", is not on, irrespective of whether you're joking around or not. I've known you for a while now and whilst it can sometimes be difficult to tell when someone is joking on a forum, it appeared clear to me that you were far from joking around, but perhaps I misread it.

I just want to say that I completely understand that from a designers view it might not be the best thing [the logo], but given the time constraints and the fact that the requirement has been in place since day zilch, the logo must remain as the currently official RD style. The rule is there basically to enforce some level of similarity and consistency across the skin pack, and also as a minor means of quality control, as some people simply aren't as gifted with photoshop.

I actually agree that your version looks more stylish and better than the current one, and I was completely serious when I said that we're completely open to looking at some suggestions for a newly styled logo for RaceDepartment.com, because the current logo was designed many years ago, well before I was staff here, and probably could do with a face lift or refresher.

Given that the skin pack deadline is tonight it's obviously way too late to change things, so in future I will look at a way to add your own personalisations to the logo. If these concerns had been raised much much earlier then I'd be more than happy to swap your version of the RD logo for the current one and apply that to the template so that it's a series-wide implementation, but it's just too late now.

Last edited:
Friendly Reminder #2 :D
There's about 12 hours remaining until skin submissions close! I am still yet to receive skins from the following people (yes I know some of you are still WIP, but others I've seen and heard nothing from):

If you are needing a skin ASAP and have not started your custom skin, please let me know and you can use one of the four default RD skins of your choosing. If you miss the deadline without submitting anything to me, or notifying me that you'll need a default skin, then you'll be removed from the league entry list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years