Cars VRC Prototype Series

giphy.gif

Bradley Project 8 released!
Apologies for the unexpected delay. It's still May 10th in half the world anyways... but as said, next time we will not only set a release date but also hour and timezone.

I had a couple of issues when testing the car for the first time today:

- mirrors are not working unfortunately - they are of very low resolution (barely recognizable object in mirrors) and also do not seem to be picked up by BLM app (something not right with their definition?)
- I have a constant FFB noise once the car starts rolling (like background noise, like a road effect noise) which I have with no other car in AC, Kunos or otherwise
- the car is extremely twitchy and nervous (veeeery unlikely for a Le Mans racer) when testing the default setup with my default Fanatec setup I also use for the Kunos LMP1 cars

I did not dig deeper and look for the cause of the twitchy, nervous behavior just yet as I didn't have the time for extensive testing today but will give more feedback once I can do further testing.

The 3D model looks really nicely sorted.
I love the cockpit and good details about the whole car.
I love that the car comes with full features (wipers, door animations).
And I absolutely LOVE nice little touches as the animated light toggle switch (very neat, I'd love to see this in more mod cars).
The sounds are great as well (although I never found the Audi derived V8 to sound too nice compared to it's peers - I am DESPERATELY waiting for the Panoz which surely will be a fest for the ears!).

I hope any issues will be sorted over time once all cars are released and I REALLY hope that as much proper suspension data as possible is available to do these great Le Mans machines service in realistic physics - these are not an easy pick when It comes to suspension tech if available data is limited to what sparse data one can find on the web.

- the car is extremely twitchy and nervous (veeeery unlikely for a Le Mans racer) when testing the default setup with my default Fanatec setup I also use for the Kunos LMP1 cars

Does it have that same snap oversteer on throttle issue the Formula NA 2018 had? I'm on the fence about getting this because I love this car and the modelling looks amazing, but if it snaps sideways on corner exit without warning like the not-IndyCar did then I'll be taking a pass on this one unfortunately :(

- mirrors are not working, unfortunately - they are of very low resolution (barely recognizable object in mirrors) and also do not seem to be picked up by BLM app (something not right with their definition?)
- I have a constant FFB noise once the car starts rolling (like background noise, like a road effect noise) which I have with no other car in AC, Kunos or otherwise
- the car is extremely twitchy and nervous (very unlikely for a Le Mans racer) when testing the default setup with my default Fanatec setup I also use for the Kunos LMP1 cars

I did not dig deeper and look for the cause of the twitchy, nervous behavior just yet as I didn't have the time for extensive testing today but will give more feedback once I can do further testing.

The 3D model looks really nicely sorted.
I love the cockpit and good details about the whole car.
I love that the car comes with full features (wipers, door animations).
And I absolutely LOVE nice little touches as the animated light toggle switch (very neat, I'd love to see this in more mod cars).
The sounds are great as well (although I never found the Audi derived V8 to sound too nice compared to its peers - I am DESPERATELY waiting for the Panoz which surely will be a fest for the ears!).

I hope any issues will be sorted over time once all cars are released and I REALLY hope that as much proper suspension data as possible is available to do these great Le Mans machines service in realistic physics - these are not an easy pick when It comes to suspension tech if available data is limited to what sparse data one can find on the web.
- The car is fine on the physics side, the default setup is certainly not good for LeMans (give it some long gears for a start ).
- Tyres need few laps before reaching their full potential.
- I will add the third spring damper settings, so that you can get rid of those ffb vibrations.
- Do not expect to be a passenger in the car just because it's a "Lemans car", you gonna have to work on the setup, and not expect to be doing only hot laps during a stint. I did so many long stints with it without a single mistake.
- There is no possible comparison between these and modern lmps.

Last edited:
- The car is fine on the physics side, the default setup is certainly not good for LeMans (give it some long gears for a start ).
- Tyres need few laps before reaching their full potential.
- I will add the third spring damper settings, so that you can get rid of those ffb vibrations.
- Do not expect to be a passenger in the car just because it's a "Lemans car", you gonna have to work on the setup, and not expect to be doing only hot laps during a stint. I did so many long stints with it without a single mistake.
- There is no possible comparison between these and modern lmps.
Thanks for the responses.
I am well aware of your points although I disagree about not being able to compare this Bentley Speed 8 with other Le Mans prototypes. Of course you can compare them.

In terms of drive-ability and a general setup for the only tracks this car raced at one would assume from the comments of the drivers of the 2003 car that the car was very stable and easy to drive compared to the 2001 + 2002 design (which suffered from an aero imbalance as of a non ideal airflow to the rear wing which was cured with the complete redesign for the 2003 season), certainly not nervous in any way.

I have put in now many hours of testing and also had a good look at plenty of the data and have made some observations.

With some work with the setup one can get the car relatively stable at Le Mans. It is still not unproblematic, especially over bumps while turning but I am going to work on that further.
It would have been nice if such a default setup would be shipped with the car.

The aero data is downright FANTASTIC! Great job on matching the available data with the actual performance of the car in terms of downforce, drag figures vs. what is known on the web. I found the data on aero testing with a low downforce configuration to be consistently within +/- 10% of available data which is indeed a very tight match ;-) ... love it!
This is just a single example at 150mph (be aware that these math channels are not completely filtered of longitudinal forces, hence the F/R ratio is dirty but the overall DF figures are very close to actual figures (see AIM data trace):
2019-05-14-155823-screenshot.png

AIM data from telemetry dump:
2019-05-14-160039-screenshot.png

The suspension geometry is very neat, dynamic toe and camber looks absolutely realistic to what one would assume such a car would perform like (It would be great if you could share a bit more on your approach here - did you have actual data for this, did you build from assumptions, etc ...).

Nicely sorted dynamic toe and camber:
2019-05-14-160247-screenshot.png

I would love to have some input on lap time performance of this car.
I am nowhere near able to get even in the ballpark of the actual cars lap times during the 2003 Le Mans sessions.
My fastest times (without traffic) on medium tires and starting with a 45 liter fuel load are in the low 3:43:xxx (the AI on 100% is running about a second slower per lap) on the "sx_lemans" v0.9.2 track (which currently has the most realistic layout available to Assetto Corsa.
I am aware that between 2003 and the data this track is based on has been some modification to the Tetre Rouge section but these do not result in a 10 sec + difference per lap.

Here is some general info on track changes over the years:
https://www.maisonblanche.co.uk/circuits.html
2019-05-14-160851-screenshot.png

What are other people performing like?

I have attached my setup I used to this post - I am curious, please share!

Btw, I love the looks of the car and the sounds (especially the external are absolutely magnificent!

2019-05-14-161254-screenshot.jpg

Sure! We will gather all feedback received and come up with an update really soon. ;)
Nice!

Attachments

• 0343346x.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 2019-05-14-161123-screenshot.jpg
    2019-05-14-161123-screenshot.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 217

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling