Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

Screenshot_vrc_formula_na_1999_road_sandev_f3ct_17-5-118-14-22-10.jpg

Stop teasing us already........
Well, there's not much else on this one anyway... :D
Screenshot_vrc_formula_na_1999_road_spa_17-5-118-6-3-23.jpg

All 16 teams of the '99 season are represented already, so we've got a nice full grid to race with
Screenshot_vrc_formula_na_1999_road_spa_17-5-118-5-58-49.jpg

Still got the custom helmet to work on for each one, and that's it on the visual side. The guys are hard at work on the other aspects of the car so all I can say this is going to be a lot of fun to race :cool:

Here's a crappy screenshot of the helmet I've modeled, still not in game and with some basic texturing but it'll look nice I promise :p
Screenshot_7.jpg

With full acknowledgement that it'll break things online, is it possible to force any other cars to use this helmet as well? I've never been a fan of the Kunos one.
You can always edit the driver3d.ini in the data folder (after extracting the data.acd) and the skins.ini inside each skin folder to change the drivers to your liking, so yeah, as long as you have the proper .kn5 file for the driver you can load it on any car.
The driver3d.ini file controls which driver model the car uses and the parts of the helmet to hide when driving in first person view, and the skin.ini controls the suit / gloves / helmet/ crew textures.

You can always edit the driver3d.ini in the data folder (after extracting the data.acd) and the skins.ini inside each skin folder to change the drivers to your liking, so yeah, as long as you have the proper .kn5 file for the driver you can load it on any car.
The driver3d.ini file controls which driver model the car uses and the parts of the helmet to hide when driving in first person view, and the skin.ini controls the suit / gloves / helmet/ crew textures.

I presume I could create a new "tune" with the Car Tuner app, simply go into the advanced edit mode and change some lines in there and accomplish that without breaking the original, in that case? I haven't looked to see if it has access to the driver3d.ini file yet, but I might go in there and have a little dig around :) Thanks!

I presume I could create a new "tune" with the Car Tuner app, simply go into the advanced edit mode and change some lines in there and accomplish that without breaking the original, in that case? I haven't looked to see if it has access to the driver3d.ini file yet, but I might go in there and have a little dig around :) Thanks!
I've never used that app, but you can easily unpack data.acd files with Content Manager, so you can access the ini files. You can only use one of them though, either leave the data folder unpacked or leave the .acd but not both, as AC will always read the .acd first.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 68 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 24 31.2%