Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

Any update on release date for the pack? I was hoping for an Indy weekend release, but oh well. Take your time, much better to have high quality cars than an early release. Can't wait to throw em around Indianapolis when they arrive!

I don't want to sound sarcastic or ironic. This is a question I simply want to know the answer to.

What is the big deal about CART?

I remember there was a CART mod that was a big deal in rFactor - is it simply that that was a great mod? Or is is it that there's something intrinsically interesting about the real-life racing series (super fast?)

I don't want to sound sarcastic or ironic. This is a question I simply want to know the answer to.

I remember there was a CART mod that was a big deal in rFactor - is it simply that that was a great mod? Or is is it that there's something intrinsically interesting about the real-life racing series (super fast?)
I was the same until I watched some documentaries and some races. Always knew it existed and was supposedly awesome, but that was about it. For young non Americans I think it's hard to get into it in, just because it's so different. But in general, yeah crazy fast, crazy power and really demanding.

Last edited:
Best decade for openwheel racing imo.
Take the 1993 season for example: Nigel Mansell battling against Emerson Fittipaldi.

Those were great times: the drivers were cool, the cars were beautiful, there was close racing, many guys had a chance to win. Ah yes…tracks were better than the modern Tilke-stuff, too. :)

I was the same until I watched some documentaries and some races. Always knew it existed and was suppsedlss awesome, but that was about it. For young non Americans I think it's hard to get into it in, just because it's so different. But in general, yeah crazy fast, crazy power and really demanding.
Thanks for the reply.
So it's basically: crazy fast, crazy power.
OK, I get that :)

Yes these were the times when Indycar/CART was pure manual shifting driving with super charged V8 engines with 950hp.
F1 on the other hand were introducing computers / automatic gearboxes / powersteering / FIA chicanes on most of their tracks.

how could you NOT prefer CART that decade! :p

best thing about ChampCar/CART series is you never know how gonna win the race,Its very rare when the pole position wins the race. How old you and where you from btw? The series didnt have any kind of AIDS not even steering assists the gearbox its sequential gear lever power shift. 900+HP Methanol fuel always fun to watch the pits very very very beautiful paint jobs. The series always had the favorite pilots to win buts never guarantee that pilot wins the race , always something happened. very sexy machines to watch. huge tires. very cool street circuits and road courses. insane speed on super-speed ways. And the last the CARS are big cars compared to the f1 that same time and they still have people passing each other with out any help of DRS or something else. Even in slow speed street courses they passes each other and even with some "bump" passes.

After you watch the race. It´s the point of no return, you end up falling in love with the CART.

I watched in the late 90s.
Sunday evenings on (German) EuroSport :inlove:
Up to this date I remember the one thing they kept repeating all the time: "Race cars mustn't have green liveries!" :D
I was always cheering for Michael in his 'Black Beauty' but sadly that was already the time when he drove quickly but didn't really win much anymore. :speechless:

Then we have something in common. :p I started to watch '92...
Michael still won 42 races. And still sits in 3rd for overall wins. After AJ and his dad Mario.
And he won every season/year at least one race for 16 years in a row (if you subtract the F1 93' vacation).. No matter what crap combo he had. I think thats a records that still stands.
His aggressive but clean racing style and perfect passing skills made him the guy to watch. Later on he became an oval master passing everyone at the restarts on the outside... that was his trademark.

good old memories. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea