VRC 1991 Jordan 191

Cars VRC 1991 Jordan 191 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Why is it so hard to rotate the car on corner exit in lower gears? It's like it has built in traction control, which this car didn't have.

No matter what I change on the ARB it won't break away the rear on corner exit and rotate. Lift off oversteer is semi accurate though so it doesn't make sense.

Does anyone have a realistic setup for this car or is the physics not accurate? Also there seems to be a throttle delay. Throttle response is not instant.

It's nothing like F1 1991 HE for rFactor which was tested by Mark Blundell.

Last edited:
Why is it so hard to rotate the car on corner exit in lower gears? It's like it has built in traction control, which this car didn't have.

No matter what I change on the ARB it won't break away the rear on corner exit and rotate. Lift off oversteer is semi accurate though so it doesn't make sense.

Does anyone have a realistic setup for this car or is the physics not accurate? Also there seems to be a throttle delay. Throttle response is not instant.

It's nothing like F1 1991 HE for rFactor which was tested by Mark Blundell.
Which tyres are you using?
The lift off OS is due to the blown diffuser.
I don't care about the rF2 version or Blundell's opinion.

Last edited:
Hey Qazdar, even though it was a few years ago thanks for the mod! I don't know if you can do anything about this but all of the other 1991 cars for AC have been updated a lot recently and are much faster than the Jordan, maybe you could do something to address that?

Hey Qazdar, even though it was a few years ago thanks for the mod! I don't know if you can do anything about this but all of the other 1991 cars for AC have been updated a lot recently and are much faster than the Jordan, maybe you could do something to address that?
To be fair, the Jordan was a slowish car and ASR's cars have some big physics issues.

Which tyres are you using?
The lift off OS is due to the blown diffuser.
I don't care about the rF2 version or Blundell's opinion.

All tires, D’s mostly.

I never said anything about rFactor 2. 1991 F1 mods for rFactor2 are arcade games.

I understand you are part of the organisation that made this mod. I expected you to be more professional. I thought VRC was a professional organisation.

Your 191 mod is not accurate. The 191 mod you made is even less accurate than one made 10 years ago for rFactor 1. Your version doesn’t even feature porpoising, pitch resonance or diffuser stall. Lift off oversteer is also too faint and not dependant on ride height. It has a throttle delay and does not feature correct slip angles on the Goodyear tires. The main driving characteristic of late 80’s and early 90’s F1 cars (corner exit rotation on medium and medium high speed corners) is also absent. Have you ever listened to radio briefings by Senna and one of his race engineers?

Or read a book co written by Alain Prost or Ayrton Senna or any of the other early 90’s publications. It looks like this mod was made using just a bunch of Autosport magazines. Almost the entire 1991 F1 grid ran predominantly on bumpstops and the cars were driven on throttle rotation.

To see what a real 1991 F1 simulator is like, one which has been tested by actual F1 drivers who raced in the 1991 season, try (the free) F1 1991 HE for rFactor1 using 50% LeoFFb dialled in with the correct steering column length for this car and 50% realfeel, or try their beta 2 tire model for even more accuracy. Most modders who have access to the real Jordan 191 or Leyton House CG911 make the mistake of recreating the tires those cars run on NOW (Avons for historic racing) which feature slip angles that are a factor different (more safe) than the now out of production 1991 F1 Goodyears or the 1991 F1 Pirellis which were 1 inch narrower but hand scrubbed.

But I suppose people who have no idea may think this VRC car has accurate physics.

Last edited:
You clearly don't know what you are talking about and are just spamming me with stuff you heard on here and there ... and more importantly, haven't worked on mods for AC yourself.

"Doesn't feature porpoising" "Doesn't feature diffuser stall".... please, give me a break ...

Talking about accurate physics is like talking about unicorns.

And yes, I am not professional!

@386 Yeah, we will see about the update, although matching ASR's mods pace is not my problem.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about and are just spamming me with stuff you heard on here and there ... and more importantly, haven't worked on mods for AC yourself.

"Doesn't feature porpoising" "Doesn't feature diffuser stall".... please, give me a break ...

Talking about accurate physics is like talking about unicorns.

And yes, I am not professional!

@386 Yeah, we will see about the update, although matching ASR's mods pace is not my problem.

Thanks. I thought you wouldn't be able to reply in a technical manner and I was right. Your responses lack any technical or factual content apart from emotional outbursts.

I'll remember to stay away from VRC mods if I want mods made by people with technical knowledge and who care for actual data.

Last edited:
gold the F1 1991 HE mod is very old and although it was good at the time there is much better content now including this car

To be fair, the Jordan was a slowish car and ASR's cars have some big physics issues.
the problem is ASR has been updating all of their cars with revamped physics and they tend to be faster now
All tires, D’s mostly.

I never said anything about rFactor 2. 1991 F1 mods for rFactor2 are arcade games.

I understand you are part of the organisation that made this mod. I expected you to be more professional. I thought VRC was a professional organisation.

Your 191 mod is not accurate. The 191 mod you made is even less accurate than one made 10 years ago for rFactor 1. Your version doesn’t even feature porpoising, pitch resonance or diffuser stall. Lift off oversteer is also too faint and not dependant on ride height. It has a throttle delay and does not feature correct slip angles on the Goodyear tires. The main driving characteristic of late 80’s and early 90’s F1 cars (corner exit rotation on medium and medium high speed corners) is also absent. Have you ever listened to radio briefings by Senna and one of his race engineers?

Or read a book co written by Alain Prost or Ayrton Senna or any of the other early 90’s publications. It looks like this mod was made using just a bunch of Autosport magazines. Almost the entire 1991 F1 grid ran predominantly on bumpstops and the cars were driven on throttle rotation.

To see what a real 1991 F1 simulator is like, one which has been tested by actual F1 drivers who raced in the 1991 season, try (the free) F1 1991 HE for rFactor1 using 50% LeoFFb dialled in with the correct steering column length for this car and 50% realfeel, or try their beta 2 tire model for even more accuracy. Most modders who have access to the real Jordan 191 or Leyton House CG911 make the mistake of recreating the tires those cars run on NOW (Avons for historic racing) which feature slip angles that are a factor different (more safe) than the now out of production 1991 F1 Goodyears or the 1991 F1 Pirellis which were 1 inch narrower but hand scrubbed.

But I suppose people who have no idea may think this VRC car has accurate physics.
Yes, please.
I don't care about "data an facts".

Hi guys! Just trying to clarify some of the things said and calm you down. We are all living a really hard situation worldwide, and we are all probably more susceptible than normal, so I'd ask for an apology in the name of VRC.

I don't want and probably don't have enough knowledge to get involved in a discussion about complex car physics. But all we are doing here, and I think the whole RaceDepartment web is a place to come and relax, have fun and read about what makes us passionate, is about enjoying. Enjoying is subjective, some might enjoy driving a car which feels more complex to drive, some others prefer easy going cars...
I personally enjoy driving almost everything, and I got to say I love ASR mods, and while I'm driving and enjoying the least thing I do is thinking about how accurate the car might be compared to its real counterpart, as probably I won't ever be able to sit in a real F1 car.

We, personally at VRC, try to recreate cars in the most realistic way it's possible to us. Sometimes there are limitatons in the sim, sometimes limitations in the data we get, but (and with that I want to say I understand why Karim is sometimes pissed off when reading comments) we put a lot of effort, and spend thousands of hours with a lot of passion on our mods, trying to do it in a way as professional as possible.
All that said, I also appreciate your suggestions gold333 and your pursuit of even higher standards in modern mods.

To sum up, please guys, let's try to enjoy what we have here! Specially in this difficult times, let's try simracing to be all about joy, passion and fun.

Hey thanks for that nice message. I wasn't arguing with Qazdar actually and I wasn't upset or anything but I'm sorry if it sounded like that. The other guy was talking about something else

Yeah haha no problem! No problem with no one in fact, it's completely fine that we all have our different points of view and likings. I cuoted your message because you mentioned ASR mods :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.