TG29

Premium
As the title states the refresh rate of my Valve Index headset is locked at the refresh rate of my monitor (projector in this case), which is 1920x1080 @ 60hz.

In Content Manager and in AMD Software I have vsync disabled and SteamVR is set to 120hz.

My pc: 5800x3d, 7800xt and 32gb 4000mhz. Now I get steady 60 fps with a lot of headroom left.

In Content Manager the resolution is set to my projector's 1920x1080 @ 60 hz. How do I get around this so I can have a higher refresh rate in-game?

Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Changing the refresh rate of the Index to 144hz in SteamVR unlocked the fps in-game. In Content Manager I could see that my fps was just over 120 fps. I then changed the refresh rate in SteamVR back to 120hz (what it was before), and the fps was still a nice steady 120. Problem solved then I guess, but still not sure what was causing it since it's now back at the same setting it was before. Haven't changed any other settings..

I spoke too soon unfortunately. After restarting SteamVR it's back to 60 fps and changing the refresh rate to 144hz doens't do anything this time.. Any ideas?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.