Volkswagen Vento TN Clase 3

Cars Volkswagen Vento TN Clase 3 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content

Nice one thanks! Much better than before :) 2 little things after some laps in Imola:

1) When you are in neutral, the sound cuts off completely. I can clearly hear that in downshifts (i use h pattern for immersion as i changed the value) and upshifts as well. So if - lets say - i downshift from 5 to 4th, when i press the clutch the sound almost mutes (in neutral), until the 4th gear is engaged, which sounds strange to my ears because i go from sound (5th gear) - to mute (neutral) - and then sound again (4th gear). I wonder if this can be fixed..

2) For me the grip is huge for this car. Maybe it should slide more..

The grip is huge probably because it has 2.07 - 2.32 CLa.

Not sure you would reach 1.5 even with a big wing and big splitter, maybe 1.0 or so, unless there is some serious stuff going on under the car, which it doesn't look to be. Most of it is also in the front wing, so the balance is 70%~ forward, probably to help with understeer.

Not sure the aero isn't just KS stuff copypasted. Sure looks like it. Car even has a diffuser, while I would guess the floor is just flat, which isn't a massive gain to downforce really.

It's very possible the car even makes lift, unless there is some serious underbody stuff and venting going on. If it's just a tuned up roadcar, I don't see how it would make downforce at all.

I mean, just for reference, but there's GT cars out there which don't make 2.0 CLa. Closer to 1.5 with a big wing; and that's at the HDF settings.

After fiddling with the car here are the settings if anyone is interested in using this car with an h-shifter

In drivetrain.ini (change the values to the black ones)

[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=170 ; change up time in milliseconds
CHANGE_DN_TIME=190 ; change down time in milliseconds
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=210 ; Auto cutoff time for upshifts in milliseconds, 0 to disable
SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1 ; 1=Car supports shifter, 0=car supports only paddles
VALID_SHIFT_RPM_WINDOW=1500 ; range window additional to the precise rev matching rpm that permits gear engage.
CONTROLS_WINDOW_GAIN=0.5 ; multiplayer for gas,brake,clutch pedals that permits gear engage on different rev matching rpm. the lower the more difficult.
INERTIA=0.018

and also in car.ini

[CONTROLS]
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.00200 (my personal preference)

I am trying to tweek the engine where - even when i upshift - the rpm's remain high. Is there any value that i can tweak in order to lower the revs when i upshift?

Last edited:
Apart from putting (Arguably not probably reasonable) values into the wrong ini (Those go into drivetrain), you're also messing with the steer rod ratio for no reason.

:O_o:

Oops you are right. Mea culpa (i 've edit my sayings). Again, those values are my personal favorites. Still searching for others too (but i am not aware about many of those values)

About the steer rod: i wanted the car to be less tweetchy. That's why i ve edited it. But that is down to my preference.

So what about my question? Is there any value that i can edit in order for the revs to decrease (1000-1500 rpms would be nice) as i upshift? Like an inertia value or smth?

Last edited:
Do it properly if you want a slower rack; more ratio and probably more steering degrees too. Rod ratio is a governing value based on the suspension geometry.

How about just making the revs decrease realistically and not ****ing up 3 other things just so you can have some arbitrary behavior?

Proceeding gear RPM is decided by current RPM and the gear ratio, inertia won't really decrease the RPM you end up at mathematically, it'll just take longer to get there. Of course, if the inertia in the engine.ini is too low and it just instantly snaps to the new RPM, then perhaps it would need an increase. It's 0.100, which isn't too unreasonable.

So what value should i change then? I ask because there are so many values in both car.ini and (or) drivetrain.ini which i do not know how they react with the game..

Proceeding gear RPM is decided by current RPM and the gear ratio, inertia won't really decrease the RPM you end up at mathematically, it'll just take longer to get there. Of course, if the inertia in the engine.ini is too low and it just instantly snaps to the new RPM, then perhaps it would need an increase. It's 0.100, which isn't too unreasonable.

So what value should i change then? I ask because there are so many values in both car.ini and (or) drivetrain.ini which i do not know how they react with the game..

PS Sorry about double post
PS2 Never mind. I figured it out:)

Last edited:
Ese modelo lo hice yo, acordate de poner los créditos correspondientes.
Dicho esto, quedó buena la integración. Saludos!
Tenés razón! mala mía, disculpá por no haberlo hecho antes, simplemente no sabia quien era su dueño. Lo usé del link de TN 2018 q hay dando vueltas. Enseguida lo arreglo.

Tenés razón! mala mía, disculpá por no haberlo hecho antes, simplemente no sabia quien era su dueño. Lo usé del link de TN 2018 q hay dando vueltas. Enseguida lo arreglo.
Gracias por agregar el dato.
Anda a saber que tiene adentro ese link. Por ejemplo, las llantas son de otro mod de TN y los vidrios son del modelo original de calle, todo el resto si es lo que hice yo.
Buen laburo integrando en AC. También me gustaron las físicas del Competizione. Muy bueno che, ojalá metas mas!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back