Vocals : Talk to your pitcrew & engineer

Misc Vocals : Talk to your pitcrew & engineer 17/07 23:00

Login or Register an account to download this content
ok i did all that, but the mic on the game still got a cross on it and does not recognise any voice inputs, i have down the windows voice recognition setup also.

Having a bit of trouble getting this mod/program to work with F1 2015. Vocals itself is working as it should, but I cannot for the life of me get it to communicate with F1 2015. F1 2015 is selected as the application... but during races or anything, when I press and hold the Engineer key, and say a command such as "Full Race Update" it does not recognize it in game. Now, if I alt-tab out to look at vocals, it is recognizing my voice just fine, and the commands are being recognized within the program.

For whatever reason, the two programs aren't hooking up and doing their job. The mic is still X'd out when I press the Engineer key in game. I use a Logitech G930, and the mic is pretty damn good for a headset mic. I've also trained Windows 8.1 to recognize my voice/speech recognition, and it runs just fine. Problem is not my mic, as it works with every other game. I'm currently playing Pro Season mode in F1 2015, so I'm relegated to my cockpit where I only have access to my previous lap's delta compared to the one I'm on, and the position I'm in. I want to be able to access things like how many laps are left, and being able to switch what tires are going to be put on, but as of right now I can't and it's frustrating.

Edit: Well, I got it working for a brief second once I realized you cannot use a custom control profile in the game, which is odd considering my custom profile used the default "talk" key. However, now in game when I hit the key and say a command, it auto alt-tabs the game and I can hear the windows beeping sound (the same beep you get when you're training windows to recognize your speech). Very puzzled.

Last edited:
Having a bit of trouble getting this mod/program to work with F1 2015. Vocals itself is working as it should, but I cannot for the life of me get it to communicate with F1 2015. F1 2015 is selected as the application... but during races or anything, when I press and hold the Engineer key, and say a command such as "Full Race Update" it does not recognize it in game. Now, if I alt-tab out to look at vocals, it is recognizing my voice just fine, and the commands are being recognized within the program.

For whatever reason, the two programs aren't hooking up and doing their job. The mic is still X'd out when I press the Engineer key in game. I use a Logitech G930, and the mic is pretty damn good for a headset mic. I've also trained Windows 8.1 to recognize my voice/speech recognition, and it runs just fine. Problem is not my mic, as it works with every other game. I'm currently playing Pro Season mode in F1 2015, so I'm relegated to my cockpit where I only have access to my previous lap's delta compared to the one I'm on, and the position I'm in. I want to be able to access things like how many laps are left, and being able to switch what tires are going to be put on, but as of right now I can't and it's frustrating.

Edit: Well, I got it working for a brief second once I realized you cannot use a custom control profile in the game, which is odd considering my custom profile used the default "talk" key. However, now in game when I hit the key and say a command, it auto alt-tabs the game and I can hear the windows beeping sound (the same beep you get when you're training windows to recognize your speech). Very puzzled.
First Paragraph :
If F1 2015 is selected as the application which shall receive the inputs, there should be no problem : everyone got it to work.

Second Paragraph : Huh, okay. The Mic is still X'd because this is not ingame vocal recognition, but an external one with automated input.
I don't see why I should know what wheel or mic you use. I'm sorry... =D
I understand for the pro season challenge constraint. I understand also what type of use you want from vocals (everyone downloading this mod is pretty much wanting the same).
And finally : it is frustating i know, but hey ! this is just temporary. When an update of the game come, or when they find how to mod this game, you will be able to put Vocals in the recycle bin. XD
(Note : you can also do this right now)

Answer to the edit part :
Set, on the custom profile, the quick menu navigation keys to be the same as with the keyboard setup (1,2,3,4 in qwerty, and & é " ' in azerty) and use the "Engineer + Vehicle commands" profile.
Works for me.
Others had troubles configuring multiple peripherals input also...
Hope you'll work it out

EDIT :
Huh did you deactivate the windows vocal commands program (little blue bar, uppercenter on the desktop) ?
That's the only reason i see why it would "alt-tab". See this program would try to understand you everytime you speak, and as you give a command to your engineer, this windows program would get you back to the desktop saying "What did yous say ?"

Last edited:
Hi I love this MOD so much so I have added a lot of of commands to it to suit most peoples needs. Can I share this on another website giving your credit?

I still have a problem that i cant solve, everytime i give a command my wheel is dead for a sec.
I really like this program but i cant use it... anyone have the same issue?

I have this exact problem. As Vocals is keying down in the menu, my wheel snaps towards center and jitters a bit. When the command is done, control is resumed. Kind-of makes this a deal breaker. :(

Using a G27 in Windows 10.

Yes I have found another solution. The main disadvantage is that unfortunately you will only be able to use voice controls to navigate through the engineer and the set up menu (tyres, fuel brake bias etc). All you have to do is set up a custom profile and configure everything the way you want it except for the menu which needs to be:
menu up =1
menu right =2
menu down =3
menu left = 4
The disadvantage of this as stated above is that the commands can only be activated via voice control but if you wish to play it without voice control then you can select your default steering wheel preset and this will work with the original menu navigation but voice control will mean a loss of steering control. There is no other way around this that I am aware of at the moment.

Last edited:
i have tried these procedures and my own keeping keyboard defaults using xpadder to then work xbox controller but i still get nothing both game and program are working seperate but not together asi close f1 2015 i can see in the logs all voice comands i gave unreal i just cant get it running

i have tried these procedures and my own keeping keyboard defaults using xpadder to then work xbox controller but i still get nothing both game and program are working seperate but not together asi close f1 2015 i can see in the logs all voice comands i gave unreal i just cant get it running
well they have finally got voice recognition working so hopefully I was able to help some out while it was being fixed. Thanks everyone!

hey i downloaded vocals and made a folder called Vocals and saved it in my Downloads Folder then i downloaded the mod and replaced then i copied the vocals folder to my f1 2015 directory and windows speech recognition works fine. however when i push to talk it shows a red line across the radio
I have windows 10 idk if thats the cause of the problem but it isn working for me
Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back