Here is a free (and opensource) alternative for those who don't want to wait for an update to talk to the engineer.
The software is called Vocals : Download Vocals
Install instructions :
- Put the "vocals.exe" in a new folder named "Vocals"
- Run the .exe to generate the option and profile files and quit
- Download this mod, extract the "profiles_xml" you want ("Engineer only" or "Engineer+Vehicle" commands). Put it in your "Vocals" folder, and replace the default one
Using Vocals :
- You have to select manually your profile : practice, quali or race
- Select the application (F1 2015, use # to refresh)
- You must keep the ingame default keys for quick menu navigation (1,2,3,4)
- You have to hold the ingame push-to-talk key (which makes appear the menu on the right), except for tyres, aero, fuel & brake modifications (it is made through the left menu)
- Vocals use the Windows voice recognition engine, it is recommended to train it : Train Windows to recognize my voice
- If you want to edit the profiles it is faster to directly edit the profile_xml.vc
- If you want to edit the software itself (in C#) you can make a fork on github
It is now mainly used for Elite : Dangerous, but it can do the job perfectly on F1 2015