Vanilla Balance Mod Beta - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This mod has now been released. All the changes are listed in the above link. If a Forum Admin is reading this, if you could remove the "Testers Wanted" and change it to "Development Discussion" thread, it would be appreciated.

UPDATED TO WORK WITH 1.3

Note: In attempts to fix the interviews and dilemmas, I have temporarily removed all non English languages from those two files. I hope to reinsert them into a later version (but when I do, they'll still be the vanilla text as I am unable to translate in any other language).

Last edited:
Hi People. About the Interviews I tried some changes. I thing higher numbers are worse. {Like Race Position - Expectation} If a driver comes 4 and was expected 1 (4 - 1= 3). So it should trigger the Interview I guess. Uploaded changed file and playing in game. So far no unexpected interviews. But I am not a top contender so I don't now about the Higher ranking interviews. Or if I need a new game to be activated or a new season.

Attachments

• Interviews Changed.txt
    527.4 KB · Views: 948
Ignore all this. This is all incorrect. Skip to Post 350 to see what's going on!
Hi People. About the Interviews I tried some changes. I thing higher numbers are worse. {Like Race Position - Expectation} If a driver comes 4 and was expected 1 (4 - 1= 3). So it should trigger the Interview I guess. Uploaded changed file and playing in game. So far no unexpected interviews. But I am not a top contender so I don't now about the Higher ranking interviews. Or if I need a new game to be activated or a new season.

Ha :D we;re doing the same thing

The numbers are correct, But the Greater Than / Less thens "< / >" are the wrong way around.

So Position 1 is still a win... it uses an "=" so its fine, But all the others have reversed.

It all works on existing games :) they're called when you begin an interview.

Last edited:
Yes looks like it. Thought maybe I could help a little bit.:p

I mean obviously the numbers are between 1-20. But is 1. Position 1 or 20? That is where I hang up.

Which do you think is the Expectation that is mentioned in the file . Chairmans or the one in the part fitting page before race day?

Taking a quick look at the Excel file. Shouldn't rows 457-462 (original sort) be assigned to a driver and not MediaPerson? It's in the Challenge - Underdogs section and it looks wrong to me. I don't play Challenge so no big deal; just an observation.

Taking a quick look at the Excel file. Shouldn't rows 457-462 (original sort) be assigned to a driver and not MediaPerson? It's in the Challenge - Underdogs section and it looks wrong to me. I don't play Challenge so no big deal; just an observation.

It's the Media Person tweet not a driver I think. He/She talks about the drivers in her tweet.

Yes looks like it. Thought maybe I could help a little bit.:p

I mean obviously the numbers are between 1-20. But is 1. Position 1 or 20? That is where I hang up.

Which do you think is the Expectation that is mentioned in the file . Chairmans or the one in the part fitting page before race day?

Edit: Disreard what I had written here.... I chose an example that was correct! :p

I've never seen the tweet :) I'm too busy fixing something else right now I'll get back to you.

Last edited:
1 is position 1... But literally all the signs are wrong.

Look at Type = Question1; ExpectedPlayerTeamPosition > 3; ExpectedPlayerTeamPosition <= 8;

That Says "Ask this question if the team is Expected to finish ABOVE 3 AND BELOW 8.

Impossible.

The team isn't expected to be in any of the podium positions but also not higher then 8 Position. Wouldn't that be 4 - 8 Positions. Is that wrong.

The team isn't expected to be in any of the podium positions but also not higher then 8 Position. Wouldn't that be 4 - 8 Positions. Is that wrong.
I think you are right. Greater than (>) 3 would be a 4th or lower (larger number) finish position, and less than or equal to 8 (<=) would be an 8th or higher (smaller number) position. The confusion might have been that >3 could be interpreted as a higher finishing position (1st or 2nd) and <= 8 lower than 7th position, which would be an impossible condition to achieve. Mathematically, though, your interpretation is right.

Last edited:
"Media Interviews","GameStartInterview","Type = Question1; ExpectedPlayerTeamPosition > 3; ExpectedPlayerTeamPosition <= 8;","MediaPerson","{Player:Team} is your new home, but it isn't the best team in the {ChampionshipAcronym}. What's your plan?","PSG_10000672","Type = Answer1c","","True","","","","

I thing this only appears in the beginning ("GameStartInterview") if your team is expected between 4-8. I only took Preadator and Archer (maybe Archer would qualify) so I don't think that I would qualify for this. But the ExpectedPlayerTeamPosition is it the Chairmans Expectation or is there another expectation variable in the game for teams.

"Media Interviews","GameStartInterview","Type = Question1; ExpectedPlayerTeamPosition > 3; ExpectedPlayerTeamPosition <= 8;","MediaPerson","{Player:Team} is your new home, but it isn't the best team in the {ChampionshipAcronym}. What's your plan?","PSG_10000672","Type = Answer1c","","True","","","","

I thing this only appears in the beginning ("GameStartInterview") if your team is expected between 4-8. I only took Preadator and Archer (maybe Archer would qualify) so I don't think that I would qualify for this. But the ExpectedPlayerTeamPosition is it the Chairmans Expectation or is there another expectation variable in the game for teams.

I believe your expected finish is based on what you told the chairman... note how you don't get an interview until a week AFTER you tell the chairman your expected position.

So basically we need to try the variables for or current positions and determine which < / > way it should be than. By the way the changes effect immediately in the game. So you don't need to start a new game or a new season, right?

So basically we need to try the variables for or current positions and determine which < / > way it should be than. By the way the changes effect immediately in the game. So you don't need to start a new game or a new season, right?

I think that has to be done, yes, Beynasuh. It's becoming a matter of mathematical logic vs. game logic. Does < 3 mean 1st or 2nd position (mathematical) or does it mean 4th or lower finish position (game logic)?

I think I've done it.

No I haven't. Ignore all this. This is all incorrect. Skip to Post 350 to see what's going on!

All the RacevsExpectedPosition inequalities needed to be multiplied by -1

Just doing a few tests and then will be updating the assets.

Last edited:
Great FlamingRed.By the way this are the infamous interviews that expect more even if you came 1st.

"Interviews","PostRaceInterview","Type = Question1; #1PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation >= 1;FiredDriverBeforeInterview = False; #1PlayerDriverRacePosition > 2;","MediaPerson","You were expected to finish higher than {#1PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} this weekend… what went wrong?","PSG_10007053","Type = PlayerUnderperformed;","","","","","",

"","PostRaceInterview","Type = Question2; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation > 2; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation <= 5; #2PlayerDriverRacePosition >= 4; #2PlayerDriverRacePosition <= 10;","MediaPerson","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} was tipped for a very high finish this weekend, but only managed {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}…","PSG_10007319","Type = 2ndPlayerDriverStruggled;"

Great FlamingRed.By the way this are the infamous interviews that expect more even if you came 1st.

"Interviews","PostRaceInterview","Type = Question1; #1PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation >= 1;FiredDriverBeforeInterview = False; #1PlayerDriverRacePosition > 2;","MediaPerson","You were expected to finish higher than {#1PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition} this weekend… what went wrong?","PSG_10007053","Type = PlayerUnderperformed;","","","","","",

"","PostRaceInterview","Type = Question2; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation > 2; #2PlayerDriverRacePositionVsExpectation <= 5; #2PlayerDriverRacePosition >= 4; #2PlayerDriverRacePosition <= 10;","MediaPerson","{#2PlayerDriver:Name} was tipped for a very high finish this weekend, but only managed {#2PlayerDriver:LastRacePosition}…","PSG_10007319","Type = 2ndPlayerDriverStruggled;"

Yeah.... I decided to check out the code which is using these values to see whats going on.... Oddly, the code looks like that the original file should work... but it's not working obvious, instead the opposite is working. I am investigating a little more before I release the fixed files.

Ignore all thi... actually I started to spot the problem here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 5 14.7%