MGP16 Valentino Rossi The Game General Discussion

2016 MotoGP Game will contain many elements of VR's career (ranch, bikes, rally).
valentino_rossi_the_game_1-635x357.jpg

I talked to a Milestone guy on Twitter, who posted this pic (3d model in 3ds of Yamaha M1 2010)
CbgflIkW4AA7B0o.jpg

asking him if we would get updated tracks in the new game, because it really needs them.

He answered "For sure!". I really hope so...

Game will be out on June 2016

Sepang gameplay..changed some textures. Kerbs are still ****. This is a great track and they screw it every year
AI level is realistic and this noob made the best lap...Realistic AI...
Embarassing
Sounds are still the same, just like Yamaha M1 nothing changed

They simply added a contact sound, so if you hit another rider you hear "TUUC"

I'm actually in the camp that generally like the handling physics in the recent MotoGP games, and the little curb and scenery imperfections don't really bother me too much. The things that have annoyed me over the last few years are the AI and the online.
The AI are pretty terrible when comparing to other racing games, they just follow the race line and seemingly have no idea that you even exist, if you're on the race line next to them, they will simply barge you off. Overall they are too easy, we need a difficulty slider bar that lets you turn it up as far as you want, even if the lap times are unrealistic, i shouldn't be able to run at over a second per lap faster than them ever! I should be able to increase their difficulty until they can match my pace.
They are also inconsistent at different tracks, some times I am only pulling away from 2nd place by 1 or 2 tenths per lap, then at other tracks, i'm 1.5 seconds per lap faster. It's not that I know the tracks better, the AI are just really bad.

Because the AI is so bad, it means that my only option left is Online to try and get a competitive race. And what a mess online is. The netcode is terrible!!! I'm in Australia and even friends within a 20km radius of my house jump around on screen, once I'm getting matched up with people in EU or US, it's just a disaster. Given that MOST people online seem to be based in Europe, terrible lag is just a given. Other features the online NEEDS are:
- Post race data - Show me my lap times, my competitors lap times, anything!
- The ability to chat (type) - even just in the lobby before the race, It would allow me to co-ordinate with random people, tell them I'll be back in 2 mins to start the race, or congrats them on a great race!
- More control over the race options - Let ME choose the track and the weather, let me name the lobby, let me kick people (trolls), let me pick however many laps I want.

I think they need to stop pumping out full priced games every year and fix the damn issues from their last game! Move back to a 2 year cycle, release the 2nd years skin and bike pack as a DLC (most would probably buy it), stop worrying about dirt track and rally cross and focus on getting the game right! Fix the issues as mentioned in previous posts, and work on the damn online! If MotoGP VR46 has fixed all these things then i'll take all of this back, but I'd bet hansom sum that all their efforts have been on Dirt track and Rally.

I'm actually in the camp that generally like the handling physics in the recent MotoGP games, and the little curb and scenery imperfections don't really bother me too much. The things that have annoyed me over the last few years are the AI and the online.

[...]

I think they need to stop pumping out full priced games every year and fix the damn issues from their last game! Move back to a 2 year cycle, release the 2nd years skin and bike pack as a DLC (most would probably buy it), stop worrying about dirt track and rally cross and focus on getting the game right! Fix the issues as mentioned in previous posts, and work on the damn online! If MotoGP VR46 has fixed all these things then i'll take all of this back, but I'd bet hansom sum that all their efforts have been on Dirt track and Rally.

Dude why do you think they didn't fix the issues and added some extra content instead?
To make it look like the game is different and better. They know they couldn't simply change skins, so they added flat track (good idea but I all the footage I saw it looks pretty plain and boring with the stupid AI) and drift (which looks like a minigame)

Probably they are too lazy or they do not know to fix the issues or simply they don't care

UK_ZKA.jpg

Hi I NEED HELP
All of you know i will do this mod for VR THE GAME but i need a help..
Anybody to find for me ( or make it in photoshop ) bikes for TECH 3 and ASPAR ??
But also for individual riders.. Just like Redding and Baz .. thanks.. this mod is prepared for game releasing..
Tomorrow I will prepare smae photos for Moto2 and then Moto3.
Take care..

http://44teeth.com/valentino-rossi-game-preview/

Kind of an older article but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in here... Maybe not a complete overhaul of the Michelin tire characteristics but it seems they have done some tweaking...

"Milestone worked on all aspects of the game, tangibly improving the physics engine to reach new levels of simulation. They even worked on suspension and grip systems to function with Michelin tyres, using a new algorithm to better simulate the new rubber."

http://44teeth.com/valentino-rossi-game-preview/

Kind of an older article but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in here... Maybe not a complete overhaul of the Michelin tire characteristics but it seems they have done some tweaking...

"Milestone worked on all aspects of the game, tangibly improving the physics engine to reach new levels of simulation. They even worked on suspension and grip systems to function with Michelin tyres, using a new algorithm to better simulate the new rubber."
Lol no they said many times the new tyre system was based on Sebastian Loeb Rally experience, not on current Michelin tyres. It's just a coincidence the new tyre system and the Michelin change in real life happen in the same year...
Do not overestimate Milestone

Lol no they said many times the new tyre system was based on Sebastian Loeb Rally experience, not on current Michelin tyres. It's just a coincidence the new tyre system and the Michelin change in real life happen in the same year...
Do not overestimate Milestone

Shame... When I first started reading through this thread the other day I was really hoping 16 would be a step up from 14 and 15 but after reading all of this it seems it's the exact same game with the addition of "the ranch" and rally racing.

Shame... When I first started reading through this thread the other day I was really hoping 16 would be a step up from 14 and 15 but after reading all of this it seems it's the exact same game with the addition of "the ranch" and rally racing.
Finally you understand "what" the new game really is...
Shame shame shame Milestone. How dare you even sell it at full price

Not to mention Ducati 90th anniversay and Ride 2....milestone even told me Ducati 90th ann is just a Ride 1 spin off...same thing with Ducati bikes only. I mean wtf. 70 € for a spinoff of an already uncompleted game

It does look like the “motogp 16” is going to be a bit if a disappointment... :sick: Looking the ai from the videos done by the Italian guy the cpu is slow/ very slow in the same corners and bends found in previous versions. Absolutely no improvement…. Reminds of pes and fifa.. the next year they just add new boots to try and make the game shine… O_o

It does look like the “motogp 16” is going to be a bit if a disappointment... :sick: Looking the ai from the videos done by the Italian guy the cpu is slow/ very slow in the same corners and bends found in previous versions. Absolutely no improvement…. Reminds of pes and fifa.. the next year they just add new boots to try and make the game shine… O_o
it has been like this for years with Milestone. really no surprises at all here...let's just hope it can even be modded like previous versions.

Dude why do you think they didn't fix the issues and added some extra content instead?
To make it look like the game is different and better. They know they couldn't simply change skins, so they added flat track (good idea but I all the footage I saw it looks pretty plain and boring with the stupid AI) and drift (which looks like a minigame)

Probably they are too lazy or they do not know to fix the issues or simply they don't care
I think the care factor has a LOT to do with it. I bought MotoGP13, MotoGP14 on PC and when that ran like **** I bought it on PS4. Because I bought '14 twice I skipped 15 at release. just recently (maybe 1 month ago), I saw mogotp15 compact for just a few dollars and since I've just started a new youtube channel I thought I'd grab it. What's significant about this, is that even though it's at the end of it's lifespan, it's version 1.00. This means that they have not updated it even once since release, all of the issues this game has and they have not released a single post-release patch! If you ever wanted evidence that Milestone does not care AT ALL about it's community, the lack of support once the game is shipped sums that up nicely.

I think the care factor has a LOT to do with it. I bought MotoGP13, MotoGP14 on PC and when that ran like **** I bought it on PS4. Because I bought '14 twice I skipped 15 at release. just recently (maybe 1 month ago), I saw mogotp15 compact for just a few dollars and since I've just started a new youtube channel I thought I'd grab it. What's significant about this, is that even though it's at the end of it's lifespan, it's version 1.00. This means that they have not updated it even once since release, all of the issues this game has and they have not released a single post-release patch! If you ever wanted evidence that Milestone does not care AT ALL about it's community, the lack of support once the game is shipped sums that up nicely.
They only care about community before the release of the game...
"Thanks for your feedback!!"
"We are trying to improve our communication with fans"
"The game is an overall improvement over the last one!"
"AI has been reworked!"
Etc.
After game releases, they might patch some stupid problems (after weeks) and then move into the next stupid game

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 110 88.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 46 37.1%