V8SC Skin mod - no longer works

Hi

the skin pack mod that i created now no longer loads any of the cars in that mod. it gives errors to do with loading things for the cockpit.

is anyone else having the same issues ?? anyone know how to fix ?? i only good at painting, not at getting them to work :(

Rob, just downloaded the update and had the same issue. After comparing the .veh files between yours and the updated I noticed 2 differences (there has been a cockpit update for the V8's). So I changed the following 2 lines (in your skins .veh) and it now appear to work. To be honest I think the only issue was the cockpit but anyway this is what I changed:
GenString=1SLV (note: added 1)

and

Cockpit=SuperV8_cockpitinfo1.ini (note: added 1 after info)

Unfortunately will now have to do this will all the other Holden .veh but so far seems to be working. And again thanks for your skins.

Hi,

thanks for reply... the genstring is the rim colour.

i noticed in the SuperV8 cars folder there is 3 .ini files for cockpit.
SuperV8_cockpitinfo.ini
SuperV8_cockpitinfo1.ini
SuperV8_cockpitinfo2.ini

i will try changing them in one car to see if that helps.

Sorry Rob, I tried it again and some were working (those with silver rims) and some not (eg. Erebus that has black rims). Got the same error as you. So I simply put a 1 in front, so GenString=1BLK // SLV - silver, BLK - black, GLD - gold, RED - red - this is the Erebus. Along with the cockpit change I described above they seem to be working. Might have to do they same with gold rim cars (eg HRT). Haven't tested them all but the silver and black rim cars work so far. Good luck, hope this helps

HEY
i just discovered a cockpit with the larry bar gone, and the old style cockpit with new textures. trying to narrow down how i did that....

its the number in the genstring
1= old cockpit new texture
2=new cockpit & larrybar

Last edited:
Yeah I think the new cockpit (minus the Larry bar) would defiantly suit the Fords better, at least the Holden's are working again. The inside view of the screens are slightly different too, any chance of incorporating some of that in your skins?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back