v1.50 / v1.51 CTDs, crashdumps and general game start-up troubleshooting

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Make sure to to check the checklist of common issues below as there are some things you as user should also do to avoid trouble when running Stock Car Extreme:

• Verify if there are no security programs such as a firewall or antivirus interfering with the game initialization. You may need to temporarily disable or configure them to exempt the game executables;

• Verify If you are running the game as a Windows administrator - if the user is not an administrator, right-click the game icon and select "Run as Admin";

• If running from Steam, sure the Steam app is not running in Windows compatibility mode (right-click the Steam icon, and check settings in Properties);

• Make sure your video drivers are up to date;

• Try installing the game in a folder other than the Windows default “Program Files” folder;

• Make sure you run GSC Config to set your graphic options correctly;

• After creating a fresh profile, make sure to double-check your driving aids & controller speed sensitivity to make sure they match what you had before;

• If you get a crash on startup, make sure you have installed the DX9.0C that comes with the game (by running \Support\DirectX\Install\DXSETUP.exe);

• If you do the above and still crashes, or if you get a black screen when escaping from a session, delete d3d9.dll from the game root folder;

• Make sure coreshaders.mas is the only file in Gamedata\Shared folder;

• Delete dinput8.dll, FanatecLEDs.dll from root folder & ReizaGSC.dll from Plugins folder (if you have them);

• Since there are several new parameters for both cars and tracks, it is possible that some MODs will not work 100% and will need to be updated to use the new features (please consult this thread to learn you may update your mod);

• If the game hangs on exit, check if LWEMon is still running in the background and terminate it (to avoid it hanging, just launch Logitech Wingman Monitor before you actually start the game;

• If you are running outside Steam, make sure you run the Sync at least once after completing it the first time to make sure all files have been updated;

• Finally, if you want less trouble when upgrading SCE, consider migrating your copy to Steam - you can retrieve a Steam key for your copy free of charge from here if you haven´t done it already.

For further reference you may also consult this guide.

The topic will be updated as we learn any other eventual issue.

Please note that this thread is just for troubleshooting start-up issues. For in-game bug reporting and other issues, please refer to the v1.50 bug report thread. For other feedback or further instructions please refer to the v1.50 release thread.

Last edited:
The game will work with your old profile but you will miss new lines that are added now when you create a new profile, meaning you will not have all the new features working properly… Back up you old profile (in case you want to get back your old setups for exemple) but I would suggest you to make a new one. Please have a look at the release thread first, there are valuable info and troubleshooting in there. This 1.50 is a pretty major update! It is worth an extra time for updating… ;)

Hey, I have a question about the GSC Dedicated. I opened all the ports and stuff and set everything up using the GSC Dedicated.exe, but it keeps crashing after I click "load track". I tried it on a fresh install too. Is it a known problem or am I doing something wrong.

Here, have a free dump.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y78xnokip2a8yws/GSC Dedicated.2572.dmp?dl=0
So, I tried the ingame 'Create Game' button, and that worked, sort of. @Tal saw it in the servers list but kept on getting a 'join timed out' message. Any help for this? I forwarded the ports, turned off fire wall and all that.
@Renato Simioni

Hey, I have a question about the GSC Dedicated. I opened all the ports and stuff and set everything up using the GSC Dedicated.exe, but it keeps crashing after I click "load track". I tried it on a fresh install too. Is it a known problem or am I doing something wrong.
Here, have a free dump.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y78xnokip2a8yws/GSC Dedicated.2572.dmp?dl=0
@enzo
I have a similar problem with a fresh install on my dedi server. Wondering if you got this sorted and what was the problem? Any ideas?

It depends which version of GSCE you are using & which tracks as they altered a lot when updated to 1.52, if your using a non default track some can cause a crash, also if you are using Linkmagic to have locations on another drive some tracks will cause a crash (I've stopped using it as it caused more problems than it was worth), if you let me know what version of SCE & which tracks your using, I'll try to help. john@lockinvarj.plus.com

Oops, nevermind. I will maybe uninstall my current GSCE-beta install and wait for AMS beta. I was under the impression that my GSCE-beta install was/is the same as the official V1.52 release and that my install would keep working ?

Last edited:
First you need to add an alternative folder for your Steam installs - click on Steam -> Configuration -> Downloads -> Content libraries, there you can add another local folder for new installations. Once that´s done, when (re)installing SCE you can select that folder.

Hi, has anyone experienced stock car extreme lagging lately? I usually get over 100fps and now its crawling at 17fps - 25fps max. There is always a tell tale sign the game is not going to run properly when first starting the game, the intro video is super laggy, broken up like a slideshow of photos. I have found out recently that it was caused by a windows update on windows 10, which as soon as i unistalled it (security update for adobe flash player i think) stock car ran normally again. The problem i have now is it's started doing it again. I've verified integrity of local game cache in steam, disabled antivirus, uninstalled further microsoft updates, checked my video resolution in setup, i have the latest video driver installed etc but nothing seems to want to fix it. I've even managed to get it running fine a couple of times but after 5mins it went from 100fps straight down to 25fps as if some background application starting up is causing the extreme lag. Even the force feedback lags and doesn't work properly to thepoint the game is unusable. I've also noticed the same problem is shared with Automobilista but no other games. Please someone help me run my favourite sim again, i dont want to play Assetto Corsa.

Hi,

I've just bought and installed the game from steam.

The game doesn't start. If I run it directly, I get the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018). Click OK to close the application.".

If I try with -trace=5 as launch option, I don't get any log file in UserData.

Windows 7 64 on admin account, I5 2500k, GTX 560 Ti, G27 plugged.
I've checked everything recommended (cache integrity, dx9, config.exe...) except the drivers update (I'm stuck to 314.22 with my GTX 560 Ti). Tried to close Comodo firewall "just in case", no antivirus.

I've not tested the demo or standalone install and I've no time today to try more things.

Posted here and on steam.

Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back