V-WTCC by SimBin Studios and Eurosport Events

vwtccrelease2.jpg

Eurosport and SimBin Studios are proud to announce V-WTCC, the Virtual World Touring Car Championship.
A unique motor sport concept combining the best out of two worlds: the FIA WTCC and the SimBin game RACE 07 online and on site.
During five semi-finals held at the European WTCC events, gamers will fight on site for a seat in the Grand Finale at the FIA WTCC race meeting in Monza.
Just like WTCC the virtual counterpart V-WTCC will be broadcast on Eurosport within the youth-oriented programme BUZZ.
Each round will kick off with an online pre-qualifying period and all current and future RACE 07 owners will have instant access from the game menu to the in-game registration for V-WTCC.
Make sure to stay tuned for more information about pre-qualifying and opening of the virtual paddock.

Source: FIA WTCC

Lol, when I look at the pictures everyone's face looks so serious, and nobody is actually smiling..haha :pound:..Didn't know sim-racing was that serious business. I'd be smiling when I was there accompagnied by all those nice gridgirls :amen: :pound::pound:

OT : Congratulations Roland Ehnström from Sweden for winning the V-WTCC grand prize !!!

Nice one Bram and everybody else for making this a succesful event :thumb:

Some cool pictures of the ceremony afterwards and the press interviews (Pictures by VR's Rene Hiddel)

Attachments

• VWTCC_Monza_10.jpg
    VWTCC_Monza_10.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,355
  • VWTCC_Monza_11.jpg
    VWTCC_Monza_11.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,375
  • VWTCC_Monza_12.jpg
    VWTCC_Monza_12.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 2,009
  • Roland Ehnström

Great photos! :thumb:

Thank you all for your congratulations, and a big thank you to the V-WTCC staff, SimBin and to the sponsors - not least Chevrolet. :D

• Mehmet Arslan

Congratulations Roland Ehnström, great performance, i bet u are a very happy man now after winning the Chevrolet, i would have been, its crazy.

I also want to congratulate Bram and Yoeri and also Ramon for their part.

Feedback Request: Virtual World Touring Car Championship (V-WTCC)

SimBin's statement about V-WTCC 2008:
The 2008 season ended with a fantastic race and we were happy to see so many of you take part in this series of events, but for now we have not yet determined if this concept will become a reoccurring fixture or not. We are currently considering the future of this kind of competition and your ideas and comments are welcome.
If you have feedback on the 2008 season please feel free to let us know, we’d like to know what we did right and what could be done better.

So for all of you guys that have joined this season, continue in this thread with feedback: positive or negative it is appreciated! The more specific the better! Please try to be as much on topic as possible.
General V-WTCC questions can still be asked in our support thread

even though I invariably ended up in pos. 179 or some such, the event is great fun and should by all means be continued.
One might consider doing a GT version, following the FIA GT championship (secretly hoping that this will bring on a FIA GT add-on, dummdeededummm)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.