Use of radar?

SwannyUK

25RPM
Premium
Apr 7, 2019
Sorry if this is in the wrong secrion, feel free to move if needed.
Just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are regarding the use of the radar system.
Since it was introduced my awareness of cars around me has greatly improved and I can race more confidently and give room when needed.

I've seen at least one video of a shunt in a club race where radar hasn't been on and couldn't help think contact would have been avoided if it was on.

Anyway, just interested to see if others are using it.

Reactions: RasmusP

RasmusP

6000RPM
Premium
Oct 7, 2016
Sorry if this is in the wrong secrion, feel free to move if needed.
Just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are regarding the use of the radar system.
Since it was introduced my awareness of cars around me has greatly improved and I can race more confidently and give room when needed.

I've seen at least one video of a shunt in a club race where radar hasn't been on and couldn't help think contact would have been avoided if it was on.

Anyway, just interested to see if others are using it.
Agree with you! If there's a radar, I use it. :)

Reactions: makan
Jan 21, 2019
Of course! Important safety feature. Its even in good place by default, you dont need to stare at it but will notice in corner of eye changing color to yellow and red

Mar 20, 2010
It's not an assist or something.
Some real race cars has this radar based system too.

In sim racing it's a good feature because most of sim racers don't have triples or vr .
In my exprience it works very good in vr too.
"some" cars have it, none of blancpaint

makan

100RPM
Nov 14, 2015
"some" cars have it, none of blancpaint
Said so.
The point is we need this features in simracing more than RL drivers ,to compare with the full pit crews and engineers that RL drivers have in races.

It's just for safety , if you don't like just hide it.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2010
Said so.
The point is we need this features in simracing more than RL drivers ,to compare with the full pit crews and engineers that RL drivers have in races.

It's just for safety , if you don't like just hide it.
you don't need it you need to get good