Use of radar?

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
Sorry if this is in the wrong secrion, feel free to move if needed.
Just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are regarding the use of the radar system.
Since it was introduced my awareness of cars around me has greatly improved and I can race more confidently and give room when needed.

I've seen at least one video of a shunt in a club race where radar hasn't been on and couldn't help think contact would have been avoided if it was on.

Anyway, just interested to see if others are using it.

Sorry if this is in the wrong secrion, feel free to move if needed.
Just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts are regarding the use of the radar system.
Since it was introduced my awareness of cars around me has greatly improved and I can race more confidently and give room when needed.

I've seen at least one video of a shunt in a club race where radar hasn't been on and couldn't help think contact would have been avoided if it was on.

Anyway, just interested to see if others are using it.
Agree with you! If there's a radar, I use it. :)

Thought I'd post back here to say the radar has given me some epic races in the ACC club. I'm on a 49" ultra wide but with the correct field of view you still can't really get a good view of people around you. Without it I'd be guessing where the car next to me is and how much space to give.

I don't see the use of it as cheating or me needing to "get good".

Thought I'd post back here to say the radar has given me some epic races in the ACC club.

Since I started racing with you guys, I've been using the radar as a complement to Crew Chief, 'cos sometimes CC will say "clear on the left/right" whilst the radar clearly shows the following driver is still near my left/right rear fender. Even for someone like me, racing in VR, it's of great help.
Because let's face it: even though I can freely look around left-right and in the rearview mirror, it's not always obvious to do so in the heat of the battle, entering a high speed corner or a hard braking zone. The radar really helps with that.

I don't see the use of it as cheating or me needing to "get good".

Nope, and although it might take away some of the "realism", it definitely helps to prevent ruining your own or somebody else's race. Just my 2c on this.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing