AC [US Server] GT3 @ Silverstone Sun 29 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
"I think Iracing is better than AC."

oh-no-you-didnt-29.gif
You can really feel the grip at the edge of adhesion.

I recorded a lap of Silverstone today.
If anyone wants to watch it it is here:

edit: The time was a 2.03.302, while not perfect definitely a good lap for me (My personal best is a 2.02.223)
Good laps I got some practice to do tonight. Watching your laps and my continuing improvement in understanding the cars dynamics in conjunction with my setup inputs has got my brain going!

So just to post a different take on the lap, here's my POV. Still plenty of room for improvement, but I won't get much farther by Sunday.

• Lap 1 @[0:00] is with my qualifying setup. Run with 10L of fuel on Softs.
  • Lap 2 @[2:11] is with my race setup. Run light with 60L of fuel on Mediums.

Last edited:
So just to post a different take on the lap, here's my POV. Still plenty of room for improvement, but I won't get much farther by Sunday.

• Lap 1 @[0:00] is with my qualifying setup. Run with 10L of fuel with Softs.
  • Lap 2 @[2:11] is with my race setup. Run light with 60L of fuel on Mediums.

Both very very nice laps Joao.
Only thing I'd say is that you can probably make up a little bit of time if you take a wider entry into T4, so that you can straighten the car out earlier and carry more speed down the ensuing straight.

Other than that, those laps were mighty impressive.

Thx for quite quick approve of the licence. So sign my in ;).

One question: Do I need teamspeak previous / in booking phase for this event ?
I did never tried any headset-chat so far. Or is it enough to launch teamspeak + correct server and join the writing-chat that is probably in there ?
As far as I know, you only need to be in teamspeak to be able to hear the others. In case there is an issue with the server,a delay, etc... It's much quicker and easier to communicate there than here.

Last edited:
Thx for quite quick approve of the licence. So sign my in ;).

One question: Do I need teamspeak previous / in booking phase for this event ?
I did never tried any headset-chat so far. Or is it enough to launch teamspeak + correct server and join the writing-chat that is probably in there ?
Using text chat on teamspeak is enough. Just make sure you get on early enough to discuss any questions you may have. Also note the pacelap rules as this can be further clarified at that time.

Ok, I'll install teamspeak first. Hope I get used to its functionality quickly.
--
I eventually wanted to set in and try out another graphic card for today to test it. A GTX 570 instead of my current GTX 560ti, which is unstable even with more voltage and 200 MHZ downclocking. Without downclocking it crashes after 5 sec. already ;). A common/known issue with some of the GTX 560ti though.. .
So still a lot of things to do until the event starts, I just wanted to tell :).

--
I eventually wanted to set in and try out another graphic card for today to test it. A GTX 570 instead of my current GTX 560ti, which is unstable even with more voltage and 200 MHZ downclocking. Without downclocking it crashes after 5 sec. already ;). A common/known issue with some of the GTX 560ti though.. .
So still a lot of things to do until the event starts, I just wanted to tell :).
Teamspeak is simple enough to use. Good luck with your card swap, too. :thumbsup:

--
No worries, once you get logged into teamspeak before the race, there will be plenty of people more than willing to help with any questions you may have.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back