AC [US Server] GT3 @ Silverstone Sun 29 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fun race! I really hate Silver but this was nice!
@Saleem Hodge Dang! I was getting close dude! Unfortunately @Joao M Alves and me touched at the hairpin and both ended up off road so @Scott Whitestine took off after you! :-(

@Ryan Ogurek Sorry, really really sorry! When we all start off for the rolling lap I honked at you and overtook cause my HUD was showing I was one position BEHIND my actual in the qualify.
Then when I was ahead of you the HUD showed I was not in the right position and then I let you pass. Sorry again, didn't mean to :-(

Last edited:
Good race everyone! Congrats Chris! No first turn wrecks!!!!!!!!! Celebrate! :)
2014-06-29_00002.jpg

Fun race! I really hate Silver but this was nice!
@Saleem Hodge Dang! I was getting close dude! Unfortunately @Joao M Alves and me touched at the hairpin and both ended up off road so @Scott Whitestine took off after you! :-(

@Ryan Ogurek Sorry, really really sorry! When we all start off for the rolling lap I honked at you and overtook cause my HUD was showing I was one position BEHIND my actual in the qualify.
Then when I was ahead of you the HUD showed I was not in the right position and then I let you pass. Sorry again, didn't mean to :-(

No worries, worked out in the end.

Nice race guys! Loved the rolling start!:thumbsup:

That was an awesome race! The longest one I've ever ran, one hour six minutes! Me and @Connor Greyser raced each other for the entirety of the whole race. That was great fun, sucks Connor ran out of fuel coming out of Maggots beckett on the last lap.

I put an extra click of rear wing in before the race and that compounded the terrible understeer that I was suffering through for the whole race. Also my inability to get a good line through Maggots Beckett is holding me back from saying in really know this track.

I really need to put in some testing with my gear ratio's.

All in all I'm very pleased with my result and felt I really did earn it!

Race was kinda fun, but I keep getting myself in a weird position and then lose it. I had just passed Scott, and tried to keep the inside through Copse, but lost it. :(.

@Emilio Collavino The position counter is kinda screwed up. During the Monza race last week, it was showing me in last place even though I knew I was in the middle of the pack.

Although I kinda knew (but was wishing it wasn't), my problems with micro hangs Is most likely due to me trying to record the races using ShadowPlay. During the second lap, I had one of those hangs right in the middle of turn 1, and it just totally screwed things up.

I've uploaded what I recorded (before I turned off ShadowPlay) on YT and linked it below (may still be processing).

Yeah, was great and relaxed (teamspeak is a 'genius' piece of software, I used it for the very first time) with you guys.
I used medium tires, after half of the race-distance its grip was a little bit gone. Previously that point I was in front of Christopher in most of the laps of the first 15+ or so laps (well, no surprise when like in my case starting the race from P1).
So if I would've used hard tires, my pace could have been more consistent in the second half of the race probably.

---

Some little bug report for Kunos (if not known already by them): In lap ~29 someone racing in pos. 3,4,5 or so came out of the pits / made a pit stop 400m in front of me (or maybe he ESC back to pits because he ran out of fuel and then left pits with new fuel to be back on the track and race):
And my pos.-counter of the "basic" app got somehow confused by that, as it was suddenly showing pos. 3/11 instead the correct 2/11. Also some time gaps and so of my results-screen after the race then was affected by that either of course (screenshot):
2014_06_30_00001.jpg

Last edited:
That was an awesome race! The longest one I've ever ran, one hour six minutes! Me and @Connor Greyser raced each other for the entirety of the whole race. That was great fun, sucks Connor ran out of fuel coming out of Maggots beckett on the last lap.

I put an extra click of rear wing in before the race and that compounded the terrible understeer that I was suffering through for the whole race. Also my inability to get a good line through Maggots Beckett is holding me back from saying in really know this track.

I really need to put in some testing with my gear ratio's.

All in all I'm very pleased with my result and felt I really did earn it!

I learned that I need to always record at the start of the race, and put more fuel than I think I need. This is twice where I put an extra two laps of fuel and I end up running out on the last lap. Also I had .1 laps of fuel at Turn 10 so I knew that the pass I had on you wasn't going to hold and just backed off so I could finish. My engine shut off as I was exiting Turn 18. I really need to look at my equation and put in more tolerance.

I learned that I need to always record at the start of the race, and put more fuel than I think I need. This is twice where I put an extra two laps of fuel and I end up running out on the last lap. Also I had .1 laps of fuel at Turn 10 so I knew that the pass I had on you wasn't going to hold and just backed off so I could finish. My engine shut off as I was exiting Turn 18. I really need to look at my equation and put in more tolerance.

Eheh gas's free ;). 4-5 laps more are not that negative for your race... I suppose... :thumbsdown:

@Chris Stacey I usually have a couple of them going. I forgot to close down one or two of them for the race though. I was giving that one map a try (on the top left), I wish the stock map had a zoom out feature though because it is zoomed in too much for me. I can probably do without the OV1 app since all I use it for is the fuel estimates.

@Saleem Hodge My Diff Coast was at stock for the car and track 50%. I did change Diff Power down a notch in hopes to avoid spinning when hitting curbs, but that didnt work ;). The first spin was because I didn't brake enough...and I should have dropped another gear to get around that corner. I was doing things the same as if I was still on the racing line. I havent really had that much experience passing anyone in the club races ya know ;).

I was messing around earlier today with the apps + shadowplay just to see if it was causing too much of a hit on framerate. I loaded up a quick race with the McLaren and BMW (20 cars total). With all of the apps loaded shown in the video and with shadowplay running, it was giving me about a 5-8fps hit 65fps vs 73fps. But I never ran into the hiccups or microfreezes that I was getting in the race (with shadowplay running).

I have a feeling that the netcode/replay and everything else in multiplayer not being optimized is enough to cause some of those problems. It didn't help that shadowplay was putting temp files on my system drive instead of my other drive. Screw recording for tonight. I'll see if I get any of those little freezes without recording (I don't think they were lag spikes).

My problem that I had yesterday was just in my driving, and how inaccurate I was...

Since I usually burn more fuel, I was heavy, but stable. I noticed I was gaining on everyone through T1 and the Maggots/Becketts complex. So knowing that I really abused the speed all I could, and it worked out really well... Until I touched the kerb on T1... Twice...

• Steady setup
  • Know the line
  • Carry tons and tons of speed
  • Stay off the kerb
  • Catch slide
  • Rinse and repeat in 7 laps
  • Deal with driving characteristics of the McLaren

My problem that I had yesterday was just in my driving, and how inaccurate I was...

Since I usually burn more fuel, I was heavy, but stable. I noticed I was gaining on everyone through T1 and the Maggots/Becketts complex. So knowing that I really abused the speed all I could, and it worked out really well... Until I touched the kerb on T1... Twice...
]

Dat Kerb!
I've kept my eyes on your timing and you were gaining a lot!
I think you were the fastest on track during the race. A shame you couldn't complete :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back