AC [US Server] GT3 @ Mugello Sun 22 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
2014-06-23_00003.jpg
Good Race!

Well. I practiced and practiced and I was like.. mid 1 48's, nice! .. until qual time came and my jaw dropped at the 1 46's. Gah!

Well it turned out I was in the right place at the right time in the T1 carnage, starting 7th I was on the right side so was able to just hug the right curb and I got super lucky to come out top of the corner in 3rd!

During the 30 laps I had a total of 4 offs that I REALLY wish I could blame on someone else but alas, it was the nut behind the wheel. Just pushing it harder than the car wanted and slid off all by myself.

I have to give the biggest props to Casey Weston, but mainly because it's who I ended up on and off chasing and being chased and I saw him most. He was faster than me, but I hope he felt the pressure because I was putting it on as best I could.

On a side note I have to say it out loud- I honestly wish TeamSpeak wasn't required. It can be quite distracting when people are yelling "F--K!" or "S--T!" as they have offs. I know it's just club fun runs and there's nothing on the line except bragging rights, but it is REALLY distracting when I'm trying to chase down Casey and somebody is yelling at someone else about something that doesn't even concern me. So .. yeah. That's all I'm going to say about that, except to say that poor sportsmanship needs to be quelched and quelched immediately.

Scott

Great Race guys - I had fun despite having a really bad setup but, that's all part of racing. I needed to put in more practice/test laps before the race but, I struggled to find a setup that I could work with.

Starting near the back of the field,I don't know what happened at the first corner. I was ready for it but, got punted from behind. During the incident, I did notice some cars warping so that may also have been a contributing factor once the chaos started. I didn't have any custom skins loaded and my system ran buttery-smooth the rest of the race. I also appreciated having the US-based server - thanks Logan!

It was a fun race. Thanks for reseting the server for us.

I had a bad start and I think that saved me from the incident on T1. I was able to dodge the cars and got some kind of comfortable gap, but attrition took its tow and I spun, getting Chris very close to me. Then a couple of laps later I spun again and was passed by Chris and Connor. From there we had a great battle until Connor ran a bit guide on the downhill and was able to pass from the outside. We trade paint but it was OK. I like the collisions on AC, much better than in other sims. At the end it was impossible to catch Chris.

Too late, too damn hot and humid, and not close enough to the beers, that did not help me.

Cheers guys

My start was a mess getting collected in the first turn shenanigans lol! Once through there I was passed by @Chris Stacey a lap latter because he was a monster on the straights. I remained patient behind him for quite a few laps pulling him back in through the twisty bits and being a bit faster through it. Yet the old adage of its easy to catch a car and difficult to pass him reigned true!

I couldn't get a clean run on him to pass him and would have to lift not to hit him from behind, then he would blast off down the straight and we would have to do it all over again. Then I finally lost it going through the fast uphill at arrabbiata2 and went off into the kitty litter.

You three had serious pace and I would put up some decent times but just couldn't reel you back in. Then fatigue set in and I did a couple dumb things from down shifting to second once and almost losing it at Luco later. I didn't go off again but lost a little bit of time.

It was a great race and the length was perfect. I had 97% left on my Hard tires and I was able to manage the heat very well. I also had to start being conservative in my lapping to secure 4th since I saw that my tires were wearing and I didn't want to ask to much more of them and end up back in the kitty litter.

I was very proud of my result! Great race again gang!

1391px-Mugello_Racing_Circuit_track_map.svg.png

Alas I'm going to have to stop using the Martini skin. Just saw that thing was around 100mb's which is like 10 times the size of the stock skins. I'm thinking that the custom skins that aren't optimized were the culprit to all the stutters that people were suffering through last night. If people don't have very much VRAM, the skins size will affect their performance.

I guess I will go back to using the Gulf skin since it is also so beautiful!

Alas I'm going to have to stop using the Martini skin. Just saw that thing was around 100mb's which is like 10 times the size of the stock skins. I'm thinking that the custom skins that aren't optimized were the culprit to all the stutters that people were suffering through last night. If people don't have very much VRAM, the skins size will affect their performance.

I guess I will go back to using the Gulf skin since it is also so beautiful!
Yeah, I think you're right about the file size, I have not downloaded any skins and everything ran at a smooth 89.9 FPS in both of the races I have been in recently. A bit of optimizing the skin image file should do wonders for performance.

I didn't have problems with all of the skins, but I am only running a single screen. Been using Real Head Motion, and that is giving me too many problems where I get screen jitters :p.

It was a struggle at times with the BMW. I was being a bit conservative with the driving...mainly because when I tried to press a little bit I would start sliding off of the track.

Really need to spend a night alone trying the cars and tweaking setups, but dammit...I end up getting sucked into races and never lay the right groundwork for getting better :)

I didn't have problems with all of the skins, but I am only running a single screen. Been using Real Head Motion, and that is giving me too many problems where I get screen jitters :p.

It was a struggle at times with the BMW. I was being a bit conservative with the driving...mainly because when I tried to press a little bit I would start sliding off of the track.

Really need to spend a night alone trying the cars and tweaking setups, but dammit...I end up getting sucked into races and never lay the right groundwork for getting better :)
I think the problem is worse for those with low vram @Chris Stacey said he only had 1gb vs I have 4gb so it wasn't that big of an issue for me.

I only have a gtx 570 with 1.2gb ram and it sounds like I was lucky in not downloading any skins because I had a nice smooth race with no problems graphics wise. Yeah it was a bunch of white cars out there but at least your names are hovering so I knew who was who.

And 100mb skin file? that's beyond ridiculous! A flattened png file shouldn't be more than what? 5 mb at the MOST. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back