AC US MX5 Cup @ Brands Hatch GP Wed March 20th

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry I won't get to join all of you this week but nature calls and I will be out enjoying the wilds of southern Utah! Hope to see you next week. Have a great race at Brands Hatch (great track) - Keith

As I mentioned to @scottiedawg66 in a separate thread, I am waiting for a component to put my computer back together, so I am going to have to back out tonight. I will also be unavailable next week, but hope to rejoin April 3rd!

Have fun tonight!

Last edited:
Thanks for the race tonight guys, and thanks as always for hosting, Scott.

Towards the end of the night a bunch of you started discussing gear. I was thinking of asking the question anyway so the bit of discussion I heard helps me focus on (hopefully) the right questions. For those who missed tonight's race, please join in on this discussion as well, if you feel like.....

1. I'd be interested on what gear all of you guys use.

2..I currently race with a Logi G29 wheel and peds, but have been mulling over upgrading to something else. Have any of you upgraded from a G25/27/29 to something "better"? If so, what did you upgrade to? Do you feel it was a worthwhile upgrade to make?

The reason I ask is that, although 90% of my problems are due to lack of skill, I feel that I don't really feel the road effectively with the Logi G29. Any little loss of grip results in a total spinout - I almost never seem to catch it. I'm hoping that some better gear would result in better "feel". I know that new gear wouldn't make me instantly competitive, but a second or two reduction in lap times sure would do a lot for the old ego! Is that too much to ask? :D

Any gear thoughts or recommendations and/or upgrade stories would be appreciated. For what it's worth, AC is the primary sim that I run, but I also run most of the main ones found on RD (offline) including KartKraft , RF2, RRE3, AMS, Dirt Rally 2, etc.

Also, when it comes to gear, I'd rather not get something overly complicated to set up.

Thanks!

Thanks for the race tonight guys, and thanks as always for hosting, Scott.

Towards the end of the night a bunch of you started discussing gear. I was thinking of asking the question anyway so the bit of discussion I heard helps me focus on (hopefully) the right questions. For those who missed tonight's race, please join in on this discussion as well, if you feel like.....

1. I'd be interested on what gear all of you guys use.

2..I currently race with a Logi G29 wheel and peds, but have been mulling over upgrading to something else. Have any of you upgraded from a G25/27/29 to something "better"? If so, what did you upgrade to? Do you feel it was a worthwhile upgrade to make?

The reason I ask is that, although 90% of my problems are due to lack of skill, I feel that I don't really feel the road effectively with the Logi G29. Any little loss of grip results in a total spinout - I almost never seem to catch it. I'm hoping that some better gear would result in better "feel". I know that new gear wouldn't make me instantly competitive, but a second or two reduction in lap times sure would do a lot for the old ego! Is that too much to ask? :D

Any gear thoughts or recommendations and/or upgrade stories would be appreciated. For what it's worth, AC is the primary sim that I run, but I also run most of the main ones found on RD (offline) including KartKraft , RF2, RRE3, AMS, Dirt Rally 2, etc.

Also, when it comes to gear, I'd rather not get something overly complicated to set up.

Thanks!

I have had my share of upgrading my hardware for sure! Let me start with this , most "Alien" sim racers . Definition of "Alien" in sim racing means: fast as hell to the point of world record fast. Use what you have or even the older Logitech model G25/G27 wheel and pedals. When it comes to upgrading it starts with how much you want to spend. Example:

Wheel: low end 100.00 High end up to 4000.00
Pedals: low end 75.00 High end 2000.00
Shifter: low end 50.00 High end 2000.00

As you can see the price on gear is limitless . If you spend 8000.00 on top of the line gear will it make you faster than what you are using now, maybe ... but is one to two seconds faster worth the upgrade? In my opinion no . And this is coming from someone that thru out my sim racing hobby I have spent close to that amount. Now if you want better gear to get the immersion of the actual feeling of driving a car , then yes better gear will feel so much better then your entry level gear. If you go from what you have now to a Fanatec 2.5 wheel base and BMW GT3 rim you will instantly feel the difference . Same goes with pedals and shifter. If you any question please ask . I can try to guide you in the right direction . Good luck!

Your wheel is fine. Here's a link to a video that I used with my G27 and will help you get the most feel out of your wheel without any distortion:

Upgrade your pedals first. I personally like a load cell for the brakes, but some of the high end pedals still use a pontentiometer or hall sensor. I have Fanatec v3's and I really like them. Your pedals are good enough to use until you get your car control where you're pretty quick and consistent. No magic bullet other than practice. Hope this helps.

Your wheel is fine. Here's a link to a video that I used with my G27 and will help you get the most feel out of your wheel without any distortion:

Upgrade your pedals first. I personally like a load cell for the brakes, but some of the high end pedals still use a pontentiometer or hall sensor. I have Fanatec v3's and I really like them. Your pedals are good enough to use until you get your car control where you're pretty quick and consistent. No magic bullet other than practice. Hope this helps.
Thanks for this, Bobby. I'll give it a try later today.

I assume that I should NOT be running the FFBCLip app after completing this procedure? And what should my wheel settings be, in Content Manager, before before running this procedure?

Thanks! .... and I hope you're feeling better.

Thanks for this, Bobby. I'll give it a try later today.

I assume that I should NOT be running the FFBCLip app after completing this procedure? And what should my wheel settings be, in Content Manager, before before running this procedure?

You're welcome.

I would recommend watching the video all the way through and make some small notes, if you need to. You are correct about FFBclip, turn it off before you do any of the stuff in the video and you will not need it in the future:) You'll also want to make sure your settings in the Logitech Profiler are set to what he tells you. Don't worry about your settings in Content Manager. unless you have a box checked that conflicts with what the video says. Once you get ready to start Wheel Check, make sure that your wheel is free to rotate on it's own and keep your hands away from it. It will slowly start rotating your wheel in small increments and then start getting pretty vigorous at the end. I remember the first time I did it, I almost grabbed the wheel because I didn't think it was going to start. Be patient, it will.

Thanks! .... and I hope you're feeling better.

Thank you.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back