Unable to host

I am having problems hosting race07. I tried a lot of different setups.

Machine 1:
I tried it using both XP and Vista. I turned the software firewall of just to make sure it was not blocking any ports.

Machine 2:
Tried it with XP also the software firewall was shutdown.

My games keeps appearing with a ping of 5000 meaning that the ports are blocked.

Also notice that hosting rFactor is not working also. I do however manage to forward ports of other applications (bittorrent, remote desktop etc) to the correct computers in the network

Blow are the settings used on my router and "Machine 1":

Attachments

• race07_st1.jpg
    race07_st1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 273
  • race07_st2.jpg
    race07_st2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 242
  • tcp_settings.jpg
    tcp_settings.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 245
Maybe the following post can be useful (not sure):

badkarma said:
Read a bunch of posts regarding ports and steam info etc. I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of details for the dedicated server. Anyhow, I thought I'd post this to help others looking for specific info:

First of all, no you don't need to buy another copy of Steam for the dedicated server. I read a few posts stating so which almost made me shelf RACE07. If you want to install the dedicated server for RACE07, just install Steam (login with your current account) on your server and goto Tools, the RACE07 dedicated server will be greyed out, right click on it and Install.

If you can't connect to Steam(if it won't update properly), these are the ports you need to open:

From your server TO Steam (outbound):
TCP ports 27020 to 27050
and UDP ports 27000 to 27020

Then you need to open more ports for the actual RACE07 dedicated server.

From ANY to your server(inbound)
TCP and UDP ports 48942 to 48957
and UDP 26900 to 26907

Simbin didn't mention this since most people don't have egress filtering, but in order for the dedicated server to announce, your dedicated server needs to connect to the lobby. If you setup the above, and still can't see your server listed on the lobby, open the following OUTBOUND ports.

From your server to ANY(outbound)
TCP port 806

Most people probably don't have egress filtering on their firewalls, so the outbound ports are likely already allowed for most people. Anyways, hope that helps some people.

Darren
(WCR West Coast Racing League)

Hmm Bram,

Is this also the case with normal ingame hosting? I wanna play the games I host. Or can I use another computer on the network to host and then play with my game machine?

I have to try DMZ'ed but I rather not do it like that lol

There have been many reports about this problem from differant users all with differant solutions, all I can suggest is you try then all to see which solution works for you.

Solutions:

Firmware update router
Clear Router to fac default and start again
Add / Remove Steam apps from windows firewall
Add / remove Steam Protocols to router as well as Race07
Add / remove Valve Protocols to router

Stream Protocols:

TCP27030 - 27039
UDP1200 - 1200
UDP27000 - 27015

*Note Due to the router you have and the fact you have XP you shouldn't need to give each machine on the network a deadicated IP they should be able to obtain them automatically.

There have been many reports about this problem from differant users all with differant solutions, all I can suggest is you try then all to see which solution works for you.

Solutions:

Firmware update router
Clear Router to fac default and start again
Add / Remove Steam apps from windows firewall
Add / remove Steam Protocols to router as well as Race07
Add / remove Valve Protocols to router

Stream Protocols:

TCP27030 - 27039
UDP1200 - 1200
UDP27000 - 27015

*Note Due to the router you have and the fact you have XP you shouldn't need to give each machine on the network a dedicated IP they should be able to obtain them automatically.

I am trying another router today. and see if that helps. As for steam it works without any port forwarding. I rather not out rules in the router for steam as it is being used on 3 different computer here. Also normally I use vista on the machine I race on. But that should work with dhcp no problem also.

Another thing I tried to go the DMZ route last night but it did not allow me to assign the public IP to one of my machines. Very strange.

There is a program called PFconfig ,you can download the program at Portforward.com.
Just add the program you would like to pass the firewall in your pc and in your router and it will forward the ports for you .
Very easy to use, maybe this will work.
Good luck.

Yeah seen this program should try it sometime. I turned the software firewalls of on the computers to make sure those were not blocking the ports.

Good you noticed that, unfortunately I have been assigning it to 2 different machines for testing purposes but I didn't work on both. :( Keep you posted when I try my old router. I use a ST780 now but i also have a 716 somewhere in storage...

I tried to do it with steamgames added to the portforward rules as I had that one not included. Setup a dedicated server fro testing purposes. It is called PeakP_Test. Please let me know the ping value if you see it.

Installed new router

Well actually it is an old one(ST716), which I reseted to factory defaults. I forwarded both the "Steam Games" and "Race07" to a computer running windows xp with the firewall turned off. I started a dedicated server "PeakP_Test" again so if someone sees it please post the ping. And yes I pray it is below 5000 this time.

Maybe somebody can help me.

I cannot join my own Race07 server that i have hosted on a other machine in my lan. Other can join it true the internet because there are all ready people on it....

The server is listed in the server browser but has a ping off 5000.

Server name is Groovy Team Server

So your hosting it on one PC but trying to join it via another machine on the same Router/Network.

If others are reporting back to you that your ping is good but to you its still at 5000 it sounds like you may have to allocate the same ports to both machines.

But just in case just check your firewall settings on both the host and the client PC's.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back