Unable to assign controls to my pedal and wheel

I understand this is an old title. Back in the day, GTR2 was my all time favorite racing sim. I recently installed the title via Steam. I am unable to assign controls like steering, brakes, etc. I am running a T300 Thrustmaster and Fanatic Clubsport v3 pedals. In the controls panel I can see the pedal and wheel as controller 1 and 3, but they are not functioning in the sim.

Is there a patch or mod to solve this issue?

GTR2 can only see/use the first 3 USB controllers on the list.
Maybe the issue are that Gtr2 are designed to use USB 1.1 and Usb 2.0 apart from the higher bandwidth also allows multiply usb 1.1 interfaces to be seen as one device under Usb 2.0.
So this trick enables Gtr2 to see the right interface?
Anyway good find.
Most of the apps to join multiply usb devices into one also works well.

When I can avoid apps .. I avoid them.
The less running on the PC the better.... and there are already more than enough on PC nowadays...
Maybe I'll think differently with a more adapted and brand new PC config soon. ;)

Having the same problem: 5 devices, only the first three are being recognized. Is Vjoy the solution then? Really strange: it doesn't recognize my wheels upshift lever. Anyone any suggestions?

Last edited:
It works well!
I do not have ether wheel not those pedals but you have to assign them to the axis.
Click on {Steer Left} and the turn your wheel left until you see is accepts the input.
Continue with steer right and the individual pedals and push buttons.
With FFB I believe there is under specialized effect a Thrustmaster wheel? You can try that or just try out Basic FFB likely not much difference.

Gtr2 does have a limited of 3 controllers so if you have more you might have to use an usb combiner app or make sure that the controllers you want to use in game are listed as 1,2 or 3.
How does this work?
My wheel is recognized by the game as force wheel usb or whatever it said, but no inputs did anything, and I couldn't assign any controls using it. Any idea why this might be?

You are not giving much info but maybe you got more than 3 usb devices and the wheel are listed after those other devices.
State what wheel you got and maybe some one here get the same and know exactly what the issue are?

Try to assign or reassign an input to another key on the keyboard just to check that works.

You are not giving much info but maybe you got more than 3 usb devices and the wheel are listed after those other devices.
State what wheel you got and maybe some one here get the same and know exactly what the issue are?

Try to assign or reassign an input to another key on the keyboard just to check that works.
Sorry for not providing more info, before I wrote that I made a post myself.
Reasigning using keyboard works, I am using a g920, I'm going to try using logitech profiler and ghub and see if those fix it. I actually don't know what I'm using right now, it's just called logitech gaming software v9.02 on my pc. The game registers my wheel, it's just that none of the inputs do anything, unless it always recognizes devices but it only works when it's within the first 3 usb devices?

Have you tried using the G25 profile in GTR2 menu?
I see other people are using the G920 with gtr2 so it works.
it might be a firmware issue or the Logitech device driver ?

To check what device driver your are using now:
Right click on the windows start menu.
Then select Device Manager.
Select Hunan Device interfaces
Find the Logotech entry, right click on that and select Propeties.
Then under Driver tab you should see the driver version.

Should also be some info on the windoes 10 Start Menu/ Logitech?
I am still on the older G27 so not sure how your Logitech software behaves but no harm in starting it.

Have you tried using the G25 profile in GTR2 menu?
I see other people are using the G920 with gtr2 so it works.
it might be a firmware issue or the Logitech device driver ?

To check what device driver your are using now:
Right click on the windows start menu.
Then select Device Manager.
Select Hunan Device interfaces
Find the Logotech entry, right click on that and select Propeties.
Then under Driver tab you should see the driver version.

Should also be some info on the windoes 10 Start Menu/ Logitech?
I am still on the older G27 so not sure how your Logitech software behaves but no harm in starting it.
I got it to work, I deleted the wheel from device manager and then unplugged and plugged it back in, works with LGS which is what I was using before too.

Maybe it will be useful to someone but... finally, I solved this problem :)
In order to reassign the right controls on the steering wheel and keyboard I had to start the game in window mode!
It actually happened unintentionally, because I had decided to make some screenshots related to the problem using the windows capture tool and to do it I had need to start GTR2 in the window screen capture. As soon as I did this, looking at the controls screen I immediately realized that I was able to reassign the various inputs.
All good is what finish well :thumbsup:

Same problem. My wheel is upset. It hold one button always pressed and i can not configure any inputs in game. But no, it's not a mechanical problem. I bought the wheel already in this condition. It's after renovation. I took it apart, looked where the "sticky" button was connected and the problem was in one microchip.I has found config file here - UserData\PLAYER\PLAYER.PLR in game folder . But it stange - controls are in numbers like: Control - Brake="(1, 3)" (1- is maybe device number, 3 - is axis or button).Axis is from 1 to 12 none of them is "Slider 0". So i find all but one - gas). Not good. I don't want to rotate pedals and i want clutch too (. SO if you have thrustmaster T500 RS please say what axis number for Slider 0.
I also found the game.dis file (probably for localization), which lists the axes and buttons of the controller.
"JOY1X+" = "JOY1X+"
"JOY1 X-" = "JOY1 X-"
"JOY1 Y+" = "JOY1 Y+"
.... etc
"JOY1 S0+" = "JOY1 S0+" is what I need. 13th in a row
.... etc
"JOY1 B1" = "JOY1 B1"
.... etc
If you count from top to bottom, then the order corresponds to the order in the PLAYER.PLR file.
But the 13th in the game is button 1
I tried to put EVERYTHING from 0 to 50 - none of them correspond to the axis I need. So I think the problem may not even be that my steering wheel is a little broken, but that the game basically does not understand this steering wheel model. Again if you have thrustmaster T500 RS please give me that %profile name%.PLR file!

Im having the same problem with all simbin games on my t300rs. I cant even map the buttons because my brake/throtle keeps "pressed". Ive been searching for a solution in ages and I cant find one. Hit me if you had any luck.
MB too late...But here - UserData\PLAYER\PLAYER.PLR in game folder is a config file.Look for [ Controls ] section and down to
Control - Accelerate="(0, 200)"
Control - Brake="(0, 208)"
...etc
set first number in brackets 1(its 1 for all devices which is not keyboard) and second is correspond to .../UIData/game.dis.
In game.dis are rows:
"JOY1 X+" = "JOY1 X+"
"JOY1 X-" = "JOY1 X-"
If you count from top to bottom, then the order corresponds to the order in the PLAYER.PLR file.
So if you open your wheel in control panel you will see axis names.
for simple
Control - Steer Left="(1, 2)"
Control - Steer Right="(1,1)"
Control - Brake="(1, 3)"
it worked for me. Just edit PLAYER.PLR file with closed game.
If your wheel has "Slider 0" axis PLEASE let me know!

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 16 22.5%