Unable to assign controls to my pedal and wheel

I understand this is an old title. Back in the day, GTR2 was my all time favorite racing sim. I recently installed the title via Steam. I am unable to assign controls like steering, brakes, etc. I am running a T300 Thrustmaster and Fanatic Clubsport v3 pedals. In the controls panel I can see the pedal and wheel as controller 1 and 3, but they are not functioning in the sim.

Is there a patch or mod to solve this issue?

It works well!
I do not have ether wheel not those pedals but you have to assign them to the axis.
Click on {Steer Left} and the turn your wheel left until you see is accepts the input.
Continue with steer right and the individual pedals and push buttons.
With FFB I believe there is under specialized effect a Thrustmaster wheel? You can try that or just try out Basic FFB likely not much difference.

Gtr2 does have a limited of 3 controllers so if you have more you might have to use an usb combiner app or make sure that the controllers you want to use in game are listed as 1,2 or 3.

Im having the same problem with all simbin games on my t300rs. I cant even map the buttons because my brake/throtle keeps "pressed". Ive been searching for a solution in ages and I cant find one. Hit me if you had any luck.

Brake and throttle keep "pressed" ? ... then I guess they don't if you push the pedals ... and simply because, as for my G27, the effects need to be inverted .... and that's the same for clutch.

I know the "inverted" option is badly placed in GTR2 .... as in place of being with the pedals 1st tab ... you may find it in the 3d tab "Force" ( surely the same in english as my GTR2 is in french ) ...
The "Inverted effects" choice should be the last downwards at the right: it has to be checked for activation.

NB: never forget that GTR2 needs to be launched with Admin Rights.

Plenty of people are using Thrustmaster wheels with the simbin's sims. My neighbor included without any issues.
The reversed effects are for FFB and Thrustmaster should not need that?
Maybe you got something engaged like the stick shift? Or something else that takes over the assignment?
Or try first without the pedals plugged in just to see the wheel works!

Brake and throttle keep "pressed" ? ... then I guess they don't if you push the pedals ... and simply because, as for my G27, the effects need to be inverted .... and that's the same for clutch.

I know the "inverted" option is badly placed in GTR2 .... as in place of being with the pedals 1st tab ... you may find it in the 3d tab "Force" ( surely the same in english as my GTR2 is in french ) ...
The "Inverted effects" choice should be the last downwards at the right: it has to be checked for activation.

NB: never forget that GTR2 needs to be launched with Admin Rights.

Merci pour votre réponse Jempy! Yeah, I had this problem with Assetto Corsa and I needed to do was to invert the controls, but in GTR2/GTL this option works only to invert the FFB and not the pedals itself. One solution I found is to go to the config of the TS300 and click the "combined pedals" instead of the separated, however if a I do this I lose the clutch pedal. Ive been trying to find some kind of profile for it like the ones we have for the G27 (I owned one) but without luck. Ive been looking for a solution for ages, and at this time I really don´t know what to do.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your time. bonne journée!

Plenty of people are using Thrustmaster wheels with the simbin's sims. My neighbor included without any issues.
The reversed effects are for FFB and Thrustmaster should not need that?
Maybe you got something engaged like the stick shift? Or something else that takes over the assignment?
Or try first without the pedals plugged in just to see the wheel works!

Everything else works fine, and I´m having zero problems with other games. The strange thing is to this to "work" I have to set the pedals to "combined", what is very strange since this should be one of the sources of problem. The wheel works fine, the only problem is when I set the controller to separated axis, the brake keep as pressed, and if I set to combined, the pedals behave normally, but If I try to map buttons I can`t because the pedals work as I was pressing them.

I really don`t know what is going on, and I´m really bothered by this since these are the only games I really enjoy playing.

Could it be a problem of main controller and secondary one ? .... do you have another controller plugged on your PC ?

I have a wheel G27 ... CSP V2 pedals and Thrustmaster shifter ... and all 3 are working perfectly together. Strange it doesn't work correctly with your wheel and pedals ! :(

I own a thrustmaster but no shifter so I never had issues.
What you must know is that GTL/GTR2 recognizes only your hardware if it is connected to the first 3 USB ports :
- unplugged all usb cables from your pc including keyboard/mouse
- plug FIRST wheel/pedals/shifter THEN all others
- go to your UserData profile, edit PLR with notepad by replacing all FFB***** lines with Shovas PLR settings (you will find the txt ready to copy-paste in 10th Anniversary Patch or on Shovas blog)
- run GTL/GTR2, go to controls menu and set left steering by turning your wheel left, then do the same for right steering, accel, brake...

Could it be a problem of main controller and secondary one ? .... do you have another controller plugged on your PC ?

I have a wheel G27 ... CSP V2 pedals and Thrustmaster shifter ... and all 3 are working perfectly together. Strange it doesn't work correctly with your wheel and pedals ! :(

I had a xbox controller but I disconnected it. The clutch pedal works in the game only if you have a shifter or is it independent from it? Maybe I`ve been being stupid all this time, because I don`t have the shifter yet, Im planning to buy it later on.

Still, I´ll the solution our friend GTR233 proposed. Thanks again Jempy!

I own a thrustmaster but no shifter so I never had issues.
What you must know is that GTL/GTR2 recognizes only your hardware if it is connected to the first 3 USB ports :
- unplugged all usb cables from your pc including keyboard/mouse
- plug FIRST wheel/pedals/shifter THEN all others
- go to your UserData profile, edit PLR with notepad by replacing all FFB***** lines with Shovas PLR settings (you will find the txt ready to copy-paste in 10th Anniversary Patch or on Shovas blog)
- run GTL/GTR2, go to controls menu and set left steering by turning your wheel left, then do the same for right steering, accel, brake...

Hello and thanks for your reply GTR233. I didn`t know about this usb thing, but I thought that could be something related to them being 3.0 and the game only recognizes controllers on a 2.0 port or something like that. The controller was plugged on a random port. I`ve the anniversary patch installed here for GTL but not for GTR2, I´ll try your solution and I´ll keep posted. Hope that will work!

Thanks again mate, and have a nice day.

GTR2 also recognize USB 3.0 .... CSP V2 is connected that way ... but it may depend on your mother board bios.
It only worked after flashing my bios with newer version at the time.

Now I know more about this problem .... as I encountered the same kind of problems yesterday when replacing the G27 wheel ( only as pedals are CSP V2 and shifter a TH8 ) by a T300rs

With the new wheel, everything needed a full new range of settings and attributions.
Keeping the T300rs controller page at Separate Axis .... nothing related to the wheel itself might be assigned .... but OK for CSP V3 and TH8.
I needed to select "Combined" .... and everything worked fine....
No real importance finally to select Combined as the pedal set will never be needed ( except problems of course ) for any other sim.

Maybe GTR2 is not awaiting 3 pedals from a T300rs ... as the first ones were only 2 pedals and GTR2 is too old to be updated with new controllers !

NB with age, everything looses something time after time ? :D ...

A little up to this problem ... as I had a new problem for unknown reason. ( maybe due to a CTD )
CSP V2 pedals were working and TH8 shifter also ... but impossible to reassign anything on the T300RS once again ....

Simply modifying the "not used Thrustmaster pedals" in the Thrustmaster controller panel from "combined" back to "separate axis" did the trick and problem was solved that way.... I might reassign the T300RS wheel.
NB: no importance of course as I use another set of pedals .... but strange solution finally. :O_o:

Anyway .... that's surely the first good way to try if someone else has the same problem.... using a different set of pedals from the original ones. ;)

I don't know if at the time when GTR2 was created .... we were so many to have different pedals than the original ones for a wheel.
Anyway it seems GTR2 can be a bit lost when it is forced to use another set of pedals ( or maybe shifter also ?? ) which doesn't correspond with the one it is waiting for.

In our own cases, ... modifying a single setting on a part of the controller we don't use ... is rather strange, maybe even funny :D but effective.... as for @daniel1 this modification also worked. ;)
Just a coincidence surely the 1st time I did this modification .... but it already worked twice for me and now we know I'm not the only one.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%