Misc Ultimate 7 Track Texture Pack [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I have had a couple of people put a lot of effort in trying to get the textures to show up in game I think we will have to wait a bit longer until the DevTools are released I presumed that they worked the same as the car textures but in this case I think the mod needs taking down:thumbsup:
Sure you can do it - just the trick is to save DDS no bitmap ;) Some proof
efiw.png

xf3b.png

z9n9.png

Thanks everlast. Can you be more specific, do I just save the dds files? In Skins folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\magione\skins)?

Thanks everlast. Can you be more specific, do I just save the dds files? In Skins folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\magione\skins)?
My way is to edit existing DDS files and replace it with the new one."Chargingcar" make mods with some phyton script (extract DDS files from .kn5 file and after edit compile to .kn5 again).I make it with my software, but if you want to make changes, wait the devs make the mod tools.If you want to make some changes to any track - send me the edited files and i will try to compile the dds files and resend you the new track.
Sorry for my english language - is not very good.

Good day!

My way is to edit existing DDS files and replace it with the new one."Chargingcar" make mods with some phyton script (extract DDS files from .kn5 file and after edit compile to .kn5 again).I make it with my software, but if you want to make changes, wait the devs make the mod tools.If you want to make some changes to any track - send me the edited files and i will try to compile the dds files and resend you the new track.

Good day!

Hi mate.

OK, so I have the original DDS tree files which chargingcar put up. I have altered them in photoshop. So my questions;

- What do you save them as? DXT5?

- What do you do with them once you save them? (Do you have to re-pack the kn5?)

Cheers mate.

Ben.

Hi mate.

OK, so I have the original DDS tree files which chargingcar put up. I have altered them in photoshop. So my questions;

- What do you save them as? DXT5?

- What do you do with them once you save them? (Do you have to re-pack the kn5?)

Cheers mate.

Ben.
Hi.Every DDS file is different - some are DX1, other DX5 and so on.Here is the list for silverstone-international for example:
a194.png

After i edit the DDS file, save as what is the original DX and then i replace the same file in .kn5 track file and test it.

Hi.Every DDS file is different - some are DX1, other DX5 and so on.Here is the list for silverstone-international for example:
a194.png

After i edit the DDS file, save as what is the original DX and then i replace the same file in .kn5 track file and test it.
Hi mate,

OK so that answers my question I think.

You need to repack the kn5 in order for the textures to work...

Thanks for the message.

Good day!
Oh, I see. I thought it was simply copying those files sent by @chargingcar into the track folder. Sorry, I'm not a developer, perhaps you can just send me the .kn5 files? Thanks anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back